Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Under construction  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Under construction
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »
We had to press the button and launch the site sometime, and there are still a few things under development. The forum is one of them and you'll see some gradual changes around here over the coming weeks. Feel free to chip in with your comments, we might well be able to take them into consideration as we develop this (though I'm sure the guy working on this will kill me for saying this.... ;)  )

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline YummyMummy

Re: Under construction
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »
"who needs men anyway" ?  I agree on that one !

Offline loopy lou

• SWK Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:02:41 PM »
"who needs men anyway" ?  I agree on that one !

youve got my vote yummy  :)

Offline loopy lou

• SWK Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »
haha ive just worked out how to do those little boxes  :)   not sure why mines small, i think i'll have to try some more  :)  :)

Offline Boots

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Hi Guys.  Hope you all had a great Christmas. 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this suggestion but wondered if it's at all poss to either re-order the message postings so that the most recent appear at the top or add in a button so that we can choose to re-order them?  If you've not logged in for a while and are trying to catch up on what's been going on it could be a drag (he he, excuse the pun!) to scroll all through to the end??

Bet you lucky peeps are getting excited about York  :)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »
Hi Boots,
I'm not entirely sure of that one - the forum is a pre-designed piece of software so we're unfortunately limited with the changes but it's certainly something to look into. I thought I'd seen a button so you could choose the order, I'll have a mooch through the administrator (geeky) stuff to see if it's there at all.

Christmas was very quiet (and I'm furious about the Ex who didn't turn up until Wed and then only spent and hour and a half with the girls) so I'm really looking forward to York. I just hope the weather picks up, I was in the North East yesterday and it was really, really windy.....brrr!

Hope you had a good Christmas,

Silky x x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 06:36:45 PM »
I'm quite surprised you didn't use phpbb, it has many of the options built in with which you appear to be struggling,

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:26:20 PM »
Hi John,
I'm just the girl who chooses the colours here, anything techno is Richard's domain (though I am getting to be a bit of a dab hand at some design packages - I did all the fancy buttons on the site and was really thrilled with myself even though the ruddy software had my poor little laptop on constant overdrive)

I think Richard did look into phpbb, not sure why he didn't choose it - no doubt he told me and I started to glaze over.......;-)

Silky x

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the explanation - I shall watch with interest!

We've probably turned everyone else off by now!

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »
eh????????????????????????????

As I said, I leave all this geeky  techno stuff to Richard, I lost track of this after the first sentence.  As they say, Women from Venus, Men from Mars   ;D

Silky x

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.