Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First attempt  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
First attempt
« on: November 22, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
We came up with the idea for this site a long while ago but as we've pretty much built it ourselves it's taken a while to get here. BUT - here we are at last!  :D

The site as you see it is pretty much "work in progress", we have LOTS of ideas of improvements and additions but that's us. What matters is what YOU think.

Does the site load ok? Does it look ok on your screen (there are sooo many different sizes!) ? Is there anything obvious missing (I'm prone to the odd "doh" moment!!).

Your feedback is invaluable, and don't worry, we have thick skins - it comes with the territory of having an Ex ! ;)

Thanks!

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline loopy lou

• SWK Member
Re: First attempt
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:34:18 AM »
did you know theres some pages with some foreign languages? apart from that I think the sites great, I just wished I could afford all the trips. I'll have to check out what the ex is planning next year and I'lll be booking  ;D

Chocolate Girl

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »
Silky I know this is probably a ridiculous observation to make but I just love the colours!  So restful & calming! Lovely!

Cx

Chocolate Girl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
Of course - I should have known! a woman's touch  ;) lol

CG

Offline marie

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
I love the green colour, I've just decorated my living room in a similar shade - nice to know I'm inline with current trends.  :)

Marie

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »
I've got to admit these are my favourite colours so when we looked at an initial design of red and green I had to use the gentle art of female persuasion  ;D       Typical female response really..."yes, it's nice but do they do it in another colour???"

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline justme

good start
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 12:23:21 AM »
Good advice section even though I prob need more at the mo. Might send a letter to your counselor, if I'm the first will I get chance of an answer?

Offline marie

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 11:30:38 PM »
Let me know how you get on Justme. I've considered the counselling too but just don't feel up to it yet.  I just think some people can open up better than others.

Marie

Offline loopy lou

• SWK Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »
just spotted the languages have gone, have you got richard working hard silky  :)

Offline twinklelittlestar

• trainee
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »
I've got to admit these are my favourite colours so when we looked at an initial design of red and green I had to use the gentle art of female persuasion  ;D       Typical female response really..."yes, it's nice but do they do it in another colour???"

Silky x

am i going mad or have you changed the colours since then  I love the purple and blue i thinkthe site is great so glad I found it:)

Offline Happimamma

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »
Hi, I think that the concept for the different sections, the lay-out, colours and links through-out are perfect and touch on BRILLIANT.

The boring updating of current info ie the news scripts clearly needs to be kept current as you must realise as it has recently been changed but was out of date for a while.

Re: the counselling ~ Fantastic idea and so needed. I really hope that a payment tab can be set up, The counsellor in gear and ready to roll so that people get prompt responses, can pay easily and immediately, that when the counsellor is away she/he sets up an automated response (or you have two counsellors so that one is usually available - poss one female, one male) and that the weekly letters page can begin and is updated on time.  I know first hand and I am sure we are all aware that sometimes, one really NEEDS to be able to get in touch with some counselling quickly.  In that situation, it would be VERY disheartening to either not get a reply for ages or not be able to pay.  Perhaps the addition of "If you experience any problems or delays with this service please contact info@singlewithkids.co.uk  (or whichever email ad) would be helpful to people who may not automatically think of contacting Silky or Richard.  The counselling idea with the £5 option of first response and flexible affordable chunks of time is so valuable to people in crisis situations that for them and for the reputation of SWK has got to work well and be monitored.

I know this is an opinionated post but I care very much for SWK and opinions were asked for!

Offline SM2

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
love the purple and blue i thinkthe site is great

Shhhhhh don't tell Silky its blue, as she thinks its green lol

• trainee
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »
love the purple and blue i thinkthe site is great

Shhhhhh don't tell Silky its blue, as she thinks its green lol

Oopps did I say the wrong thing eek sorry shh never said a word hehe ;)

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »
Turquoise innit?
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline SM2

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
Not according to Silky !! lol

• trainee
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
oh I've started a colour debate lol

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 11:43:16 PM »
It's AQUA GREEN !!! You lot are colourblind......    Ok, it's a kind of turquoisey aqua green I admit...

Happimamma, thanks for your input. The updating of the site is unfortunately a constant exercise, and forever on our task list (I'm working on the awaydays now, we're looking at an easier way of updating this). I never actually realised how much work would be involved in all this at the beginning, after spending hours answering emails on holiday issues and event arrangements each night there's so little time left and we have to streamline this for our own sanity as much as anything else.  The comments on the counselling are noted and we'll be addressing these, with regard to payment people can pay by paypal or cheque in the interim  but the buttons should be live next week hopefully.

Thanks again!
Silky x

P.S. Singlemum2, your cards are marked !!

Offline SM2

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:53 AM »
He he !!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Juliet

• trainee
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
I absolutely love every last jot and tittle of SWK.  And the colours are fabulous, please don't ever change them, I have a sort of happy Pavlovian reaction to the homepage every time I log on!

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.