Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Bridgetjonesx

« on: March 31, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
Hi All

I am new to all of this and trying to meet other single mums and dads in the Cardiff area - I find the weekends so boring and miss interacting with grown ups ! I have a little boy age 4 and little girl age 5  so if anyone can point in the right direction for meeting people in my area I will be very grateful-

Thanks look forward to getting to know you all Tash  ;D

yvonneirish

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »
Hi tash i'm yvonne live in bristol just over the bridge mum to 17 month old boy . . . . Welcome aboard . . . X

Offline Madame Butterfly

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
Hello welcome to the mad house  ;D

We are Helen...age undisclosed... :P James 3, Shane 20, and Lee who lives in London 25

We are here to chat and support with our madness!!

XXx
Happiness is like a Butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attentions to other things it will come and sit softly on your shoulder[

Offline sian79uk

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:23:39 PM »
Hi Tash,
I have just joined and have a four year old son Jack. I live near Bridgend and would love to meet people in south wales area
Sian

Offline Bridgetjonesx

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
Hi

Thanks for replies - sorry taken me a while to get back  lost my way around the board lol.

Are many of us from South Wales as it seems a bit thin on the ground? How often do local or nearby meets happen as I would love to try it - sadly I can't make the one in Swnase as we are away on hols but would love to try the next one .

Thanks Tash

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
 :)
hi Tash

There are more of us Welshies, but we seen scattered around from North to South and West.  It would be great if we could all arrange a meet somewhere not to far for any of us, or arrange a weekend, i dnt know what to suggest.  but theres definately interest from Wales

Im in Pembrokeshire with a 11 yr boy and 7 yr old girl,

hope to see you all soon.
Teresa
Life isn't  about waiting for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »
I'm ruth and live in swansea with my 6 year old girl. Its always hard trying to organise a meet for us welshies as we so scattered!

am sure we can up with something soon xxxx
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world....

Offline allybc

• trainee
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »
Hi Im in pembrokeshire also ,with two girls 13 & 10 and a boy 4 ! I cant make swansea either but think that a few days out in the summer hols should be organised !!? :) :)    Ally x
If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything

Offline Bridgetjonesx

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »
Hi

Hi sounds good idea girls, although will need to rely on you guys as my Geography is usless I would not even begin to know where to suggest lol ! 

Think if we all have a bit of warning we should be able to organise something .

will check back having a few hitches with computer lately sometimes it works other days just frezzes so bear with me .

Tash 33 with Aimee and Lewis 6 & 5 x speak soon

Offline blondal

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
Hi

I'm in Swansea - mum to a six year old little boy but we spend a lot of time in Cardiff as well.  If you ever fancied meeting up, let me know.  Newly separated here (and new to this site) so feeling a little shell-shocked!!

alison x

Offline Bridgetjonesx

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »
Hi Alison & alll

I have been away on holidays so hope you get this message - it would be great to sort a get together  anyone had any ideas where or if you want to meet in Cardiff Alison next time your up that would be brill maybe we could grab a coffee etc just let me know .

If anyone else has any other suggestions it would be great to hear, is anyone going on the camping trip to lakes ?

Offline blondal

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »
Hi

Three of us met up in Swansea on the weekend and it was really good.  The kids got on straight away and it was all pretty laid-back.  We have talked about arranging a bbq or a trip over to Pembrokeshire but sure we could venture east towards Cardiff as well. 

Are you free most weekends?

alison x

Offline Nathalie40

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
Hi All
Another newbie here from Cardiff, looking forward to meeting new, like-minded people

Would love to get together and try out a camping trip. Would have to but a tent and all the other equipment needed, but am sue it would be an absolute scream  ;D

Just for info, there is a brand new indoor play area for children aged 1 to 12 opening in Cardiff at the beginning of July. It's called Parc and is about a ten minute walk from Central train station. Might be a good place to meet in Cardiff

Nat

Offline blondal

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »
Hello Newbie from Cardiff!

That play area sounds good.  My son has been to the one called Play a few times (I work opposite) and he loves a good run around (inside or out!).

I'm getting my new place in August, so I'm up for arranging a summer bbq then.  But it would be nice for us all to meet up before then as well.  xx

Offline sian79uk

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:32 AM »
Hi My names Sian and have a four year old son Jack.
Would be interested in meets with other mums in same situation., Live near Bridgend in South Wales.
Finding it so hard at the moment juggling paying bills, running round after young son and working, but am determined to get us both a social life  :D

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
Welcome Sian!!!!

Going to be posting up details of some meets in the next few days, one in West Wales and one in cardiff for starters. We'll see how the response is for both and then make our minds up over some more dates for the summer hols!!!

In the meantime, join in the forum and look at the Club trips too,

Hope to meet you soon

Ruth x
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world....

Offline blondal

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
Hi

I'm on for any trips in West Wales / Cardiff (Ruth, let me know if you need any help!).

Alison x

Garabaldi

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »
Hi guys in bristol just across the bridge from ye. Would be up for popping along the cardiff one, not far from me at all . . Be lovely to see you again JR and meet some new people x x

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 06:14:46 PM »
Right, think I may have sorted it!!!

yeah your right YI, it would be good to catch up again xxx

Offline sian79uk

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »
Hi Ruth,
yeah that'll be brilliant, looking forward to meeting you all.
I work 5 days a week but have booked all mondays and tuesdays off over school holidays.
Sian

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
If anyone is interested in the Cardiff meet could you pretty please post under the Cardiff meet thread in Wales Day Trips and meets, just so we can get a rough idea how many interested/coming in one place, diolch x

Sian, I have every monday and tuesday off every week so will have to arrange something for the summer hols as well  ;D

Offline sian79uk

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »
 :D
Cool sounds good to me. theres loads to do around cardiff, was thinking things like st fagans etc as is cheap day out and kids can run around
Glad i booked time off now!!
Sian

Offline jules2010

• SWK Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 10:55:43 AM »
Hi everyone.  I'm Jules and single mum to 8 yr old twins.  I'm new to the site and would love to make some new friends, get a bit of a social life with people that I have some common ground. Hi Sian - Llanharan is not far from me.

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

:) Hi, Welcome to the site, I'm in Saundersfoot  SW Wales, anywhere near you.  I have a girl 8 and a boy 12.
Life isn't  about waiting for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain

Offline jules2010

• SWK Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »
Hi there, lovely to meet you, albeit virtually!  I'm closer to Cardiff - about 15mins away.  Jealous though as saundersfoot is a such a beautiful part of the world!

Offline mufcbryant

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »
Another newbie here, What a wonderful site!!!! I am so pleased I found you , hope to meet some of you very soon, are any of you in the Gt Yarmouth area?

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
Hiya, mufcbryant,

Welcome to SWK!

Your best bet is to look in the other regional boards for peeps from Gt Yarmouth, i think there one for East there and see what you find!

Ruby xx

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.