Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Posting in this section  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Posting in this section
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
Many of us have used motivational books or found ways of lifting ourselves up from some very deep lows. There are some great books available but sometimes we just don't have time to read them all, or sometimes the principles can easily be summarised. This board is for posting:

1. Any great motivational techniques you've read or used
2. Inspirational stories (even better if it's your own)
3. Hints and tips on being positive
4. Recommendations for books/ courses/ therapies
5. Anything else that can be uplifting

Please don't hijack threads in this section, let's keep it focussed, easy to read and hopefully a useful resource.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline onwards and upwards

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Re: Posting in this section
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:58 AM »
My son bought me Chicken Soup for the Soul books - there are several of them. The stories are fantastic and just make you think....
I have read and re-read them.

Offline bobbley

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
I have just discovered the open studies courses at my local university - 'Learn to be an optimist' @ Warwick Uni on 7 Nov
which i hope will not only help me but help me with my eldest whose self - estime is v.low at present.
Plus they have lots of other interesting day schools that I will be able to fit around the developing 'alternate weekend' visits with their dad.

Bobbley xx

Offline Nets

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »
I started 'spiritual healing' classes.  Our minds are powerful things!  I was sceptical but i've found it very calming and it makes me feel like i can 'unravel' my head.

www.selfrealizationcentres.org

they run retreats where you can totally de-stress and have centres around the country/world.  You can also get counselling, go meditation or yoga

xx

Offline Nomi W

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »
A friend of mine bought me a book called "who moved my cheese" it's only short and quite funny but makes you think about the world in a different way. Well worth a read

Offline Sujo1

• trainee
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
I've also read 'who moved the cheese' and it def makes you look on life differently.

Offline Jambee

• trainee
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
'Who moved my cheese' is a fab read  :) .....

I have my top 10 philosophies on life listed on my FB info page for all to see, I've listed them below for you:

1. The only person you can change in life is yourself, you can never change anyone else.

2. If people do not like the way you are, why should you change for them?

3. Always do what you want to do in life and not what you think others would want to see you do

4. Relationships are two ways - no point being in one if its not right for both of you.

5. If its not right, accept it and move on

6. The best form of revenge is to do nothing, why exert energy on others when its better used to help you move on with your new life

7. Everyone has a past, just try not to keep re-living it; learn from it and move on, your future will benefit

8. Accept that "sex" has an "ex" as part of it, its pointless going over old ground when you meet someone new

9. Every single one of us has needs of one form or another - so it's great when there's a mutual understanding

10. Your real friends in life are sometimes the ones who don't say anything at all
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious

Offline zanywoman

• SWK Member
  • addict
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
Those are great Jambee
And very sound advice!! I wish I'd followed some of these recently lol.

Tracey x
While we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life's all about.

Offline mumtotwo

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
Thanks for posting them Jambee, think I need to print off and keep referring to them!!

Sue

Offline HamboMBJ

• trainee
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »
My one would be,

You are what you are, if other people don't like it, it's there loss !

And Never try to be something you are not, just be yourself cos you know how to do that  :)
I wish I was a glow-worm cos a glow-worms never glum, how can you be miserable when the sun shines out yer bum!

Offline jakatella

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
I love Who moved my cheese too  ;D  ;D

Offline IRISH EYES

• SWK Member..
  • trainee
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »

I have been on a couple of courses in the last year that have really changed the way I think about myself and other people.

It has been very inspiring to learn about 'who I am' and accepting what other people are like.

A book that was recommended on one of the courses I went on was called 'I'm ok, you're ok'.  A great book! Not heavy to read, just simple and very inspiring.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.