Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can you recommend areas to live in Wales  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Sharon J

• beyond all hope !
  • Happy, Happy, Happy.
Can you recommend areas to live in Wales
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
Hi,

I am on a mission to relocate and just adore Wales - although I am unsure as to which area to try and settle in, can anyone give me some good pointers please. Need a good primary school and local amenities, and ideally as close to the sea as possible !
Keep smiling xx

Offline C99

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Can you recommend areas to live in Wales
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
I hear Shell Island is very nice ;D
Your mileage may vary...

Offline elliefreya

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
My mum and dad have a house in angelsey in Rhosneigr- with a lovely little village and a fab primary school- in mad moment last year, I was really tempted to up and move there myself - met someone on the beach who had done exactly that, and it really seemed to be working out well.Good luck with the search chicken. xx

Offline Sharon J

• beyond all hope !
  • Happy, Happy, Happy.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
I hear Shell Island is very nice ;D

Maybe when we all go in June I could just stay behind, do you think they would notice that I was still there by xmas time !
Keep smiling xx

Offline Ellyb

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
It might be a bit cold in your tent by then...and santa wouldnt have a chimney to come down!   

We need a big SWK commune, with big gates and nasty guard dogs! lol!

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:33:36 PM »
Hiya sharon, depends on how far down you want to go. West Wales has some beautiful beaches and some lovely places to live right by the sea. Newquay, Cardigan, Aberaeron (my friend went to school in aberaeron and its a really good one) and Aberwystwyth are all good (better shopping in Aberystwyth than the others). of course theres my stamping ground in Gower, the beaches are fabulous ( a lot of them blue flag) and the schools are really really good but the property is expensive. if you just want to live near the sea and not actually by it, the outskirts of Gower are also beautiful but less expensive and the schools just as good.

If its north Wales you want not a clue as I've never been there would you believe!!

Pm me if you want the welsh lowdown  ;)
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world....

Offline lastrolo

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »
Penarth is nice! Good schools, right on the beach but only a few miles outside of Cardiff!

Offline Paul

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 01:48:42 AM »
Hi,

I am on a mission to relocate and just adore Wales - although I am unsure as to which area to try and settle in, can anyone give me some good pointers please. Need a good primary school and local amenities, and ideally as close to the sea as possible !

as Ruth said, this area is nice not much industry, just lots of sheep mostly.... schools are good, and people tend to be polite and respectfull, property is reasonable...... take your pick! spend some time camping along Cai Bach, New Quay, Llangranog etc,,, Sea is never that far, weather's crap most of the time so I would recommend focus on something that's value for money even if it is isolated slightly from the sea.... the post card photo's look different if they are taken in November!!!
Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.” ― Paulo Freire

Offline karenb

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • my little devil
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 07:16:14 AM »
Hi Sharon,

Well personally I hope you choose the south of Wales as that will mean i get to see lots of you and kl  :) :) :)

love Karen

I love the brecon beacons

Offline allybc

• trainee
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »
 Hi sharon! Are you still relocating to Wales!! We need more swk down here!!
I live in Pembrokeshire which is south west wales near Tenby its lovley down here only prob is not enough shops!! Great beaches ,low crime,house prices about average.
I have not been on the site long but i get the feeling theres not many of us from wales!!? Are you going to Shell i have booked but am starting to worry slightly! a. that there might be a storm!! And b. that we dont know anyone!!
If you want anymore info on specific parts of wales i can try and help know the whole country pretty well! :D   Ally
If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 09:25:46 PM »
 :)
hi

Yes i agree we need more swk's in West Wales, Pembrokeshire is a great safe place to live, with lots of places to visit.  Children really love it here.  We need to build up the Wales swk's and start going out on days out and make the most of it.

I took the kids to Freshwater West today, to see Shell Cottage, where they are filming some of the next Harry Poterr movie, but none of the cast was there, but its still exciting to go and see it. 

Sharon have you decided where you want to live yet.
Life isn't  about waiting for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain

Offline The Naughtiest Girl

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »
Sharon

I am REALLY pleased that you are getting this life plan in action now
Good Luck

Rach
xxx
Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying " Excuse me, get the hell out of my way, I have things to do "

Offline crazyartlady

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 12:35:59 AM »
Hi,

My parents relocated to North Wales a few years ago and I spent a summer there. I discovered loads of beautiful villages along the north coast and a variety of small (very small) towns. My closest town was Towyn, which has regular bus and trains, so escaping was not a problem - if you don't mind delays and the relaxed lifestyle. there are plenty of places to camp and B&B and I have noticed a few future SWK holidays to the area, so go and explore even further. I also have friends, further down in Abersoch - very pretty indeed.

Thought you might also appreciate this link for the sheep in Wales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Sara

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.