Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: HI, My first time on a chat site  (Read 7509 times)

Offline sunshinegirl

HI, My first time on a chat site
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »
hello.  would like to introduce myself, i am on my own with two children 7 and eleven, and i am determined to meet new friends in 2009.  I live in wales and feel isolated, need to get out and about.  ;)  Thinking of becoming a member. the website is very interesting.
Life isn't  about waiting for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain

dad8137-

Re: HI, My first time on a chat site
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »
hi sunshinegirl,
                       welcome to the site, there are a few members who live in wales so your not so isolated, also there is a trip to Cardiff on the 14th to watch England beat wales in the six nations  ;D ;D ;D. xxxx

yvonneirish

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:24:20 PM »
hi sunshine

i'm yvonne, bristol based and mum to 1 year old little boy, fionn!! there is always something going on here, on-line aswell as lots of day trips and meets organised. you will never be alone again or feel isolated !!!  ;D you quite simply won't have time  ;)

hope to meet you at one of the meets

yvonne xx

Offline Phil

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »
Hi Sunshinegirl, welcome to the site.  Everyone is really friendly so just jump in.

RR I just knew you would have to mention the rugby  ;D
Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
Hi Sunshinegirl

Welcome to the site, it is fun, supportive and informative.

I'm Elaine and live in West Yorkshire with my 7 year old son, I joined in January and have a a great year with SWK, been all over the country on trips and meets. 

We both enjoy the events and have made some great friends.
Life is what you make it.

dad8137-

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:30 PM »
phil .....what else in life is better  ;D (well maybe a few things) but not many. ;D

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »
Yay!! another welshie for the SWK taffia

welcome sunshinegirl, I'm Ruth, i live in Swansea with one girl aged 5 xx

ps RR....that was the wrong way around your going to watch Wales beat England, i know thats what u really meant  ;D
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world....

yvonneirish

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
think i need to wear an irish shirt to this ...just to even things out! ;D ;D

Offline Wendylou

• trainee
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03:13 AM »
Hi sunshinegirl, welcome to the site.  I'm Wendy and have an 8 year old daughter and we live in North Wales.  If I remember back I think you PM'd me, did you get my reply?  Sorry, I have a memory like a sieve at the moment.  I'm hoping to arrange a meet in January somewhere that's easyish for people to get to so hopefully you'll be able to come along and get to meet some of us.  Its a great site and the best thing I ever did becoming a member, so I say go for it  ;D

Offline The Naughtiest Girl

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 11:13:27 AM »
Hi Sunshine Girl

Welcome to SWK.

It is brilliant fore chatting and events and am sure if you join in you will notice it chnage your life

There is so much support and fun in the forum

I live in Bradford with m 2 duaghters who are 4 and 6 and before SWK I used to wonder if I would ever have a social life again

I do

!

Rach
xx
Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying " Excuse me, get the hell out of my way, I have things to do "

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
hi

i have just found your messages - i'm just beginning to work out how a chat site works.  thanks for replying.  i would love to meet you all in January,  08 was one of the most difficult years i have had, and 09 is going to be a lot better. Happy New Year to you all.

Offline Paul

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 01:56:27 AM »
hi sunshinegirl,
                       welcome to the site, there are a few members who live in wales so your not so isolated, also there is a trip to Cardiff on the 14th to watch England beat wales in the six nations  ;D ;D ;D. xxxx

go on so whats your prediction for Sat............ will it be GS for the paddy's or will Wales make the points to win the 6 nations again??
Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.” ― Paulo Freire

yvonneirish

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »
hi sunshinegirl,

go on so whats your prediction for Sat............ will it be GS for the paddy's or will Wales make the points to win the 6 nations again??
!!!!!!!!!!!
GRAND SLAM FOR US PADDIES!!!! THE WLESH AIN'T TAKING THIS OFF US, BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE 1948 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Paul

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
Dont go rushing off to buy party poppers yet..... I dont think that waiting a longtime is enough reason to beat Wales, you may still win the Six nations though My prediciton 28  -  22 to wales (but if I was really confident it would be 28 - 12 to wales)
Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.” ― Paulo Freire

Offline JustRuby

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
oh my god this is soooooooooo close!!!!!!
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world....

Offline sian79uk

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
Hi
my name is Sian and i live in the Bridgend area of south wales. Recently moved back after a difficult split with partner and looking to get me and my son (4 year old Jack) more soiciable as don't know many people in the area.

Offline The Naughtiest Girl

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »
Welcome to SWK

Hope you find some fn and support on here

I am Rach and live in yorkshire with my 5 and 6 year old daughters

Brighter times are just around the corner for you

Rach
x
Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying " Excuse me, get the hell out of my way, I have things to do "

Offline allybc

• trainee
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
Hi sunshine girl!
Thought id reply to your post even though its an old one! Ive just joined the site today and have never been on a site like this before either! I live in St florence! Not to far away! I joined and booked to go on the Shell island camping trip as like you i feel so isolated and often lonley here in pembrokeshire, its nice to know that a lot of other people are in the same boat. Sometimes it feels like there is only happy couples and families especially when i do take the kids out (folly farm!) I always feel like the odd one out! Have you booked any of the trips? :D
If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »
 :)
hi
i was just watching the flatuating man on Britains got Talent, my kids thimk its very funny. 

I live in Saundersfoot, I have been on one trip to Butlins, and i have booked to go to Swanage next bank holiday. 

Its a good way of meeting new friends, i dont feel so lonely now i have joined this site.  Especially on a saturday night when everyone else is out having fun.

We go to folly farm alot, my daughter loves it.

hope to see you soon

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
hi allybc

I thought about booking Shell Island, but we have never been camping, the nearest i get is holidaying in a caravan, but also i dont have a tent, let me know how you get on, i might be tempted next time

Offline allybc

• trainee
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
Have  another think about it ! I really do not camp! Last time i was in a tent was with my ex hub 8 years ago and that was for one night! I dont have a tent yet! Have bidded on one on ebay ive got sleeping bags and lilos but apart from tent all im buying is a tiny kettle and camping stove as i cant live without coffee!! I will just makedo for everything else theres a cafe/ pub and snackbar i think on site so i will get the kids one decent meal on each day and then just bring big bag of fruit and other snacks!
If you cant make this one i think theres one at wickstead in august which looks fun!  :D
Ally x
If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
I'm the same, the last time I went camping was with the scouts forty erm years ago. I have bulit a marquee since, but that's another story! I'm borrowing a tent, cooking stove, lilo, etc from my sister. Wine, corkscrew, wineglass, tea bags, milk, breakfast cereal, bowl, spoon, mug, sponge bag, towel and flannel, and a change of undies, and that's about it!

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »

It sounds like you are all going to have good fun, i hope the weather is good for you all.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.