Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: what to do when you feel like giving up?  (Read 4225 times)

Offline lastrolo

what to do when you feel like giving up?
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »
Hi,I'm new to all this, but here goes, nowhere else to turn! I am mum to four boys and at the moment it seems like they all need me for something-I just can't manage to be there for all of them!!!When there is noone there for me.....

Offline hells bells

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: what to do when you feel like giving up?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
hi ppange ...... you come on here is the short answer!!!!!  there is always someone on here to listen, support or just make you laugh .... and laughter really is the best medicine!!!!!

hi, i'm helen from liverpool - miles away i know but have been know to cause a little fun from now and again ... post away - no one will judge you, and there is always someone who has been in a similar position

you've taken the hardest step .... now chill for a while  :) :) :)
Friends are like diamonds - hard to find and very precious to keep xxx

Offline rox

• addict
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I only have one boy to contend with, so I can't even comprehend looking after four. You have my respect.
Anyway afraid I have no pearls of wisdom for you but can send you a big cyber ((((hug))))
We are here for you, whenever you need to rant.
Take care of yourself
K x

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
Hi ppange

Welcome to the site, looks like you have found us just at the right time.

As Hells has said there is always someone one here to listen, support or make you laugh and it really does make things seem easier to cope with, only problem is that it can become very addictive

I'm Elaine and live in West Yorkshire with my 7 year old son, and he can be handful on his own

Hope you find the site both fun and useful

Elaine
Life is what you make it.

yvonneirish

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »
hi ppange

like hells said you come on here. rant, cry, ask for advice or just to get a hug - vitual though i may be there is always someone willing to give you a shoulder to cry on. everyone is so friendly and will do their utmost to help anyway they can. try and get yourself to some meets, with 4 boys i know that can't be easy organise , i have one and its a handful!!!

i'm based in bristol, you're south wales , maybe not too far away.....could always meet up if you like, don't have a car but train is easy to get to places. i bet you are doing a fantastic job
xxx
yvonne

monkeys mom

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 11:43:54 PM »
best thing to do is exactly what you have done - come on here! next thing on the list to do is not beat yourself up about whether you are coping etc. The very fact that you are asking yourself what to do shows you are a caring and loving parent - nobody can divide themselves into segments and you will never please all the boys all the time.  so the third thing to do is give yourself a break and come on here xx

Offline sunshinegirl

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »
 :D :) :) :) im new at this. do you have to be a member to join in.  :-*
Life isn't  about waiting for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain

yvonneirish

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
not at all sunshine....there is a private post section which you have to be a member to see but its cost enxt to nothing. most people post what they have to say for everyone to see.

welcome aboard xxx

Offline Mel_Gib

• trainee
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »
Hi im new to here as well. I ask myself the same question. Im from Blackpool also have 4 children 2 girls & 2 boys all very much a handful. Would love to meet up with anyone near here. I have been struggling to cope for the last 16mths the last 2 have been the worse.

Mel

Offline Happydays

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »

Hi Mel,

Plan a night out in Blackpool, cheap hotel and im sure many of us would travel up to meet you  ;D  ;D  ;D

Brenda x

Offline Mel_Gib

• trainee
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »
thanks for the offer a day would be better as i can't get anyone to look after my unruly children

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.