Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Holiday Parks - Butlins / Haven  (Read 18636 times)

Offline Pheonix

• part of the furniture
Re: Holiday Parks - Butlins / Haven
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
just adding my 2 pee worth

Went to butlins Skegness, the room smelled off urine and we had to get cleaners in to shampoo all the carpets, they had a bikers convention there the week before and said most of the hallways had been used as toilets...nice. so wouldnt go there again, found the whole place quite grubby actually.

Ive heard the Blue Dolphin  in Scarborough is excellent, I think its Haven.

Offline Peekaboo

• Coordinator.
  • addict
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »

lve done both, and think Primrose is better, over the last couple of years they have spent alot of money improving things.

Happy holidays  8) 8) 8)
Many a false step is made by standing still.
Love is like wildflowers...it is often found in the most unlikely places.
Ideas are like children; there are none so wonderful as your own.

Offline swampy

• SWK Member
  • addict
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »
am just about to book 3 nights at Butlins ,Minehead as McFly are playing at the arena there in November.....as usual this is purely for Reece`s benefit  ;).....im not really that bothered about seeing McFly for the 6th time..... ;)     honestly.... ;)..!!!!!!
not a victim of conformity

Offline Pheonix

• part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
is Primrose Haven too, I couldnt remember the name of the other one in Scarborough, Ive heard very good things about both, anyone know which one has the 5 level pool??

will probably spend a week there next summer as my son is at uni there so 2 birds with one stone lol

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »
Sorry haven't had time to read the whole thread but what i would say is i think it is a bit pot luck with these places.

We did a Park resort this summer and i  can truly say it was the worst holiday of my life! Dirty, fly infested, the entertainment was worse than shocking - it was on Mersea Island in Essex so my tip is avoid the place at all costs (and yes it was cheap and i therefore didn't expect 5* but did expect it to be cleanish). The bolier was dangerous (bits missing), the cooker broken, drains blocked the list is endless and i really must do the letter of complaint!

I would consider one of the bigger companies for all the reasons you are thinking about it for, but would set expectations low, as someone said earlier 'sticky' is probably a good mindset to go in with  ;D some people love it though so it's an each to their own senario i guess.

To answer the question though i would look but can't promise i'd be rushing to book  :-\

Camped at a Hoburne resort though this year who also do all the vans / chalets etc and found their entertainment and clubhouse etc much nicer but they are more expensive.

Offline SM2

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
am just about to book 3 nights at Butlins ,Minehead

We went to Minehead in May and it was lovely.  First time we have been to a Butlins and wasn't disappointed by it one bit.  We did have the good weather on our side though and managed to get burnt on the lovely beach there lol.

Offline lovelymum

• trainee
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »
Butlins is great if you stay in the more dearer appartments. Standard app are grotty so we normally have silver and they are ideal. Not the hilton but good enough. The only thing with  butlins is that there is too much going off and i find it knackering for myself :) i need a  holiday when i get home to recover

Offline Liverbird

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
Butlins.... never been but never heard a bad word about it .... never fancied going on my own ...

Offline Scoobylou

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
Well I have never been to Butlins, never wanted too and the thought of setting foot inside one of them has always turned me absolutely cold!! But then i used to say that about camping......and now i cant wait to go again this year! What are you people doing to me!!!????;D ;D ;D

Offline LAK

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:21 PM »
Scoobylou, you've been SWKed!!
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Scoobylou

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
Scoobylou, you've been SWKed!!

I know, great isnt it!!!

Offline Liverbird

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »
I'M LOVIN IT TOO ....  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline LAK

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
I've been SWKed too!   ;D
Not all those who wander are lost

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.