Hoping that someone may be able to give me some advice. To try and cut a long story short...
1) divorced from ex with 2 gorg kids - now aged 10
2) left him when the children were 1
3) financial settlement was a nightmare. Paid a lump sum - no maintenance in agreement. With chargeback against me
4) after the financial Court case, he took me to Court to reduce his contact and stated he couldn't afford to see our 2 kiddies - he now sees them for 1 day every fortnight
5) he doesn't work - he is disabled - but could work, but due to other issues that I will not post, will not....but...we're pretty sure he is getting rental income from a flat and other income from the numerous assets he owns
6) the main reason I believe he will not work is that he will have to pay maintenance through the CSA
7) after me leaving, he met someone else and had 2 further children - she has now also left taking the children with her
I have tried to get maintenance through the CSA - but, due to him being in receipt of Disability Living Allowance and 'not working', apparently, this means he doesn't have to pay a penny!!!!
My main reason for even considering trying to get some money is that I am now struggling to keep everything going. Our beautiful kiddies are now at an age where their needs are increasing. Just had a letter from their Primary School for a residential trip - 315. each!!! Just getting to the point that I don't know what to do.
I work full time and due to this am not eligible for any benefits such as WTC or CTC.
Any help would be appreciated!!!