Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Things they say....  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Things they say....
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »
Today my teenage daughter has paid me the best compliment ever:

"If I had to choose to be like anyone, it would be you"

It's not often I'm speechless but this left me a little choked. She's fairly loving anyway but is still teenage and '├╝ber cool',  something parents would never ever be. For years she's checked carefully what I'm wearing before I go near her school, she wouldn't let me drop her off in my campervan anywhere near her friends and she's raised an eyebrow at my latest projects.  It's so difficult to feel loved when they get into this stage.

See - they DO come out of !

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Things they say....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
Awwww. Great news.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:50:21 PM »
That's both fabulous and scary all at the same time.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »
I bought the ne of those all in one capsule coffee machines with a milk foamer thing last week, and this morning mine wanted to make me coffee, but I was post coffee. She says she will make me one tomorrow morning. I will update next time I'm caffeinated
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
After explaining exactly how and when (9am) to make the coffee last night, my morning went as follows.
6:41am. She comes and asks me how to turn on the mashine. I tell her it's early, my alarm hasn't gone off yet and to wait til it does at 9:00am. But I grab a snuggle, she reveals she's been awake for ages (an hour?) and aks to watch TV.
7:24am. She comes and asks if it's time yet.
8:32am. Is it time yet?
9:00am. My alarm goes off and she starts making coffee with a constant question and answer session being shouted through the flat (can I put the lid down? Which button is it? Etc etc)
9:01am. I get a pefect cup of coffee delivered.
9:05am. She asks if she can use the capsual tea machine to make herself truit tea and makes it.
9:40am. She asks for breakfast, cereal, which she is capable of making, but because she made coffee I have to make the cereal. At this point she is starving because she has been awake for 4 hours but never thought to make cereal or eat from the ever present and ever open fruit bowl.

But, coffee in bed, and it's not even mother's day.

She just made me a second mug and asked me to pretend to be the queen and her the ladies maid.

I might get used to this

Still don't understand the whole awake a 5am at the weekend but unwakeable at 6:45am during the week thing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:06:22 AM by Ms_wormwood »
Onwards and upwards.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.