Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Stratford NY Trip 2016  (Read 2729 times)

Offline SarahLR1980

Stratford NY Trip 2016
« on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Hi

[I've also posted this in the SKW holiday forum but thought this forum might have more traffic!]

I'm thinking about booking the Stratford NY trip for me and my 18 month old son.  I was widowed in January so I'm looking to get away rather than spending NYE on my own!  However, I'm a bit nervous and I wondered if anyone had any feedback about previous NY trips?  In particular, I understand there are no rooms left with an en suite that are suitable for a toddler, so I'm wondering what the shared bathroom facilities are like and how I might manage this with a toddler!  Any feedback would be appreciated - it's my first post so please be nice!!

Offline Blue Sky

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Re: Stratford NY Trip 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
Hi Sarah

The forum is bit quiet these days due to good old Facebook - SWK has a group on there too.  Sorry to hear about your situation and its early days for you I am sure but hopefully you have some support.

As for SWK trip - go for it!    I think everyone is nervous, but be brave.  Its great to have the company of other adults and be around people who understand what it means to be a single parent. 

I have done lots of SWK trips but not the New Year one.

I am sure a shared bathroom shouldn't be too much of an issue?  Haven't looked at the trip in detail but if there are rooms with en suites too, I don't imagine tons of people will be using the same bathroom? 
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:26:04 AM »
Hi and Welcome! Great to see you taking the plunge and posting and also considering booking a break. The Christmas season can be tough but especially so after recent bereavement. To be managing with a young lad as well must be so tough but he probably keeps you busy too!

The NY party in Stratford is lovely and as Blue Sky has said, being with others who understand some of the challenges is a huge support, as well as the kids all having lots of fun together.

There is a thread on here about the first SWK trip and I think everyone says how nervous they were when booking their first trip but how much they enjoyed it.

If you have any questions about the accommodation the SWK team will be more than happy to help and provide you with the information you need to help you, just drop a line to events@singlewithkids.co.uk.

xx
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline lucy82

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
Sarah I am also widowed. I lost my husband 4 years ago our son was only a year old at the time. Hes 5 now. Where in surrey are you from? I am from Surrey too near Chessington.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.