Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mackenzie friends  (Read 3686 times)

Offline pinkpompoms

Mackenzie friends
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:52:28 PM »
Hello I am new to this site and a friend has suggested it as brilliant! So my question is does anyone have any experience of Mackenzie friends? I have been involved in court proceedings for 3 years and do not so far feel represented well enough by solicitors (3 so far) It seems to me because there are psychological domestic abuse issues. I'd love to hear from anyone with some experiences similar.  Its exhausting!

Offline lucy82

Re: Mackenzie friends
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »
Hey there I used to work for the national centre of domestic violence so I know a little about this. A mackenzie friend is basically someone who is training to be lawyer/solicitor but they can only come with you to the court/meetings as moral support only. They are not allowed to give any legal advice and are not there to represent you. If you are in the process of obtaining an injunction against someone are you are not entitled to legal aid depending on your particular situation you will need a solicitor to represent you.

Offline lucy82

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
Google NCDV or National Centre for Domestic Violence and speak to one of the helpful advisors (Stacey is great and really knows her stuff) They will be able to give you more up to date information and help you get a Mackenzie friend if you would like one.

Offline pinkpompoms

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »
Hi Lucy thanks for the email sorry it took so long to reply. 
My son is 5 and his father will not tell me where or with whom he goes on holiday with.  I have asked him to tell me just the basics to know that if something happens to him what would happen to my son.  He also says that his visits are too long and has asked his Daddy to call me but he has said no.

He will not go to mediation or reply to txts. Blimey it is such a long story. 
I got the number for a Mckenzie friend from a woman at the court I coinidentally met there.  She handed it on describing her experience with solicitors as long winded and difficult as mine was.  I will meet the MF at the weekend.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.