Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Counselling?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline DecemberGirl

Counselling?
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »
Hi, I am new to this site after seeing details on Facebook.
I am in the process of a divorce after my Husband left me last June with a 8 year old, 6 year old and at the time 3 month old our marriage had become difficult after having our second child and I found out he had been having an affair but we stuck together and for a while got things back on track then when I was pregnant with our third he became distant spent all his time in London "working" and things finally fell apart last June. I have coped ok through the last year and now that (I hope) the divorce is soon to be finalized I am struggling to keep momentum I seem to be grumpy a lot not helped by the fact he goes away a lot and has very rare contact with the children and no contact at all really with our youngest.
I struggle with the fact he has moved on already settled down with someone new and goes on holiday/theatre trips etc has the kids for fun times only - it sounds silly for me to say I am not jealous of him having a new life but angry because he doesn't deserve it!!
Did any of you feel like this and did you get counselling? Did it help? Its hard as I have very little time but worry that if I don't deal with these emotions now I will become more bitter......

Offline Jen_Mum

Re: Counselling?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:40 PM »
First off Welcome DecemberGirl

It is perfectly normal to feel this way, I have had a similar situation to you. I didn't have counselling but spoke to some friends/family etc about how i felt and then decided to I am going to change my life. As for me it wasn't that i was jealous of him but that my world had stayed the same and the world had move on without me and it made me angry and resentful (sometimes to my little one) which wasn't on purpose. But nobody can change your life but yourself. This group will help with support etc and if you feel brave enough the group do lots of different holidays or check to see if there are meet up going on in your area. But if you feel that you need professional help then you should look into counselling.   

Hope this Helps x  :)

Offline The three of us

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »
Hi there,

It would definitely be worth having a chat with your doctor to see what he or she recommends. I'm currently going through a divorce from my alcoholic husband who stole money from my purse and bank account systematically for years, meaning that I now have a phobia about anything money related and even get into a panic about internet banking. I saw my doctor, who got me to fill in a questionnaire to see whether or not you are clinically depressed - I'm not, so don't need antidepressants, but I was prescribed anti-anxiety medicine to take when needed, and recommended counselling. There's a waiting list in my area but I'll be starting in a couple of weeks so hopefully it will help. Best of luck.

Offline charlotte86

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:57:38 AM »
I'm sorry you are going through this.
I am going through counselling but I found it very hard, in fact I haven;t been two weeks and feel much better but i suppose that's because i am venting and the emotions come to the front.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.