Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Need to rant  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Mich123

Need to rant
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »
My controlling ex drives me insane! I'm taking our 2 year old daughter on the new forest camp next week which is our first SWK holiday.
He had the cheek to lecture me about being careful and keeping and eye on her. Told me to make sure I look after her. Apparently a lot of weirdos go camping! Lol!

I can't believe he felt the need to say any of that to me, I'm fuming and a it's so insulting. I'm going to be paranoid now every time she falls over. It's such a joke! She's with me 24/7, he has her once a week max for about 7 hours. I'm the one that takes time off work for appointments, he doesn't even ask how they've gone

Actually it just confirms he is still controlling, he would never have let me go on my own had we still been together.  :)

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: Need to rant
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:35:30 AM »
That's what ex types do.

Have to say my life improved immensely when I learnt to ignore all but essential comms directly relating to contact/access.

The five page emails became less frequent, the 400 word texts dropped out ... they'd come in and I would reply "ok, see you at 7" or whatever was the essential element.

True to say they got worse before they got better but it's peaceful now.

Take lots of photos ... ex types like photos :)

See you on Friday.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »
You and your daughter will have a great time - the New Forest camp is one of the most magical locations and you'll both make friends.

As you've sussed he's just upset that you're having a life without him  ;D
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Mich123

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
Thank you. I do try to ignore it but it's hard as find it really insulting. How dare he think I wouldn't look after her properly, I've been doing it without him since she was a baby.
What's more ridiculous is that I'm a qualified nanny and have have been looking after kids for 20 years. Not once has a parent told me to be really careful when I take their kids out. They trust me and also understand kids will be kids and have the odd accident.
I won't wrap her in cotton wool, whatever he says. I love kids being adventurous, exploring and climbing trees and will actively encourage her to do it.

Really hoping both myself and my daughter make lots of new friends

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:00:10 PM »
Pah. Control, you called it. Do what you do and have fun!
Onwards and upwards.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.