Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First Holiday questions?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Jen_Mum

First Holiday questions?
« on: June 16, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
Hi all
I am a mum to a 3 year old and really want to go on one of your holidays been looking at going to the south coast resort holiday in October. But i have never been on holiday with my child before so don't have a clue so forgive me if these are stupid questions,
1. I dont have a car so how would i be able to get there
2. do we have to bring food with us or do we buy it when we get there?
3. Is there a place we meet up?
4. would i be allowed a mobile number of someone in case i get lost (which is highly likely with me)

I am sorry for the questions but i do have an anxiety problem but i don't want that to mean my daughter misses out as i am sure she would have a great time on the holiday..

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: First Holiday questions?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:56:51 PM »
Hello Jen_Mum

• Public transport seems to be the obvious answer
  • Either is good, though I'd be inclined to check there's a shop nearby if you're planning on shopping local.
  • Meet at the holiday location ... you'll be sent the address
  • You'll have the coordinators number but s/he won't necessarily know where you are when you call.  If you're travelling by public transport you'll probably do the last mile in a taxi anyway.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Blue Sky

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:27:58 AM »
Hi and welcome!

If you have questions about a specific holiday, you could always ring the SWK number and talk it through with them.  Or email if you prefer.

I think the holiday you are talking about says there is a train station at New Milton (which I think it on the london line) so you probably wouldn't have to change.  Just make sure the train you book stops there! 

Foodwise - you will be limited with how much you bring if you are not travelling by car.  There should be a shop onsite (but wont be cheap).

When you arrive, you will be given your lodge/villa number and directed to your accommodation.  Accommodation is usually shared so, others will meet you there.

From memory, I think the SWK coordinators mobile number will be on your email.  But if you take the number of the reception of the place you are going to, you can always call them.

Hope this helps.  Be brave, it will open up a whole new world :)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:25:18 PM »
Hi - these are all valid questions and  it's only natural to feel nervous but all those who have been on an SWK went through the nerves on their first trip so understand and there are always other new SWKers on each trip so you won't be on your own.

Each holiday listed on the website has details under Location of access by public transport. As others have said, it's probably best to keep food to the essentials (more expensive items) for this purpose and buy the cheaper stuff locally.

After booking a holiday you'll be sent an email confirming the booking. Nearer the time of the holiday you'll be sent more details including the mobile number of the coordinator.

SWK are used to queries and as I've said you won't be the first (or the last) person to ask these questions so drop them a line at events@singlewithkids.co.uk. They've been to each of the locations and know more details about getting there, what's in the area etc etc. The more information you have beforehand they more relaxed you'll be and that's exactly how you need to feel on holiday  ;D x

Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Jen_Mum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »
Thank you everyone for your reply's it has given me some courage to take a step further to booking the holiday but i wont book yet as i am not sure if i can you as i might be getting a job.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:38:36 AM »
oooooo good luck on the job front, hope it works out  :) x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Jen_Mum

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 08:49:12 AM »
thank you mm

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.