Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Any Midlands mums with older kids ?  (Read 2888 times)

Offline rachandlovelylia

Any Midlands mums with older kids ?
« on: June 02, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »
New to the group joined after seeing Myleen Classes documentary on single mums. Had no idea there was anything like this out there. I'm a lone parent and have a beautiful Daughter who is 11. I've got a few mum friends but they are all busy with married life and flakey when it comes to meeting up and having days out. Are there any Midlands meets ?  :)

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
Re: Any Midlands mums with older kids ?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
Hi and welcome!
I'm Lisa and have an 11 year old son. Think we've all got friends like that - good intentions but their own life and hard for them to understand just how lonely it can be as a single parent.

We organise a few walks in the Midlands but if you fancy doing something just post it on here and invite others to join you

MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Rach+lovelylia

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply Lisa. Nice to know someone gets where I'm coming from  Do you know if there's any meets any time
soon?  Xx

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »
Nothing at present but with the weather being so nice a park/forest meet would be ideal

MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline nikkip61

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
Hiya
Where in the midlands are you? I am in Shropshire and have a 14 year old son and know how you feel with flaky friends x

Offline Rockbabe

• SWK Member
  • addict
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 04:52:21 PM »
Hi, i'm in Coalville, 2 girls age 15 & 10.

MM - maybe we should resurrect the Beacon Hill meet in Loughborough, theres still a few of us old uns around this area!

RB x

Offline Rach+lovelylia

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
RB - I'd be up for beacon hill never been there before X.         Niki - I'm in Leicester fosse park end if you've heard of it x

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
Yes Beacon Hill would be lovely! They have a BBQ area so we could picnic then walk....

OK - I'll post an event up if there's an interest
x

Offline Emms

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 03:13:42 PM »
Sounds interesting, count me in  :) x

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »
Posted up a walk at Branston as weekends are getting busy here.  Will do Leicester way in hols x

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.