Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Teenagers and parties  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Teenagers and parties
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
My oldest girl is 16 shortly and started to go to parties. No great issue there, she and her friends are fairly sensible and the one time there was a little trouble, they immediately left (and I always pick her up and drop her off)

My question...   I know there's alcohol at the parties. Kiera never takes any but she will have some. Do I send her with some very low alcohol alcopop or cider so I can be sure she's not at the mercy of someone else's potentially stronger concoction?  While I don't want to condone underage drinking and it doesn't feel right buying cider for my girl,  I have to be realistic that it does happen at the parties and I'd prefer to know what's in her glass....

God I hate these dilemmas.  What do you suggest?

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: Teenagers and parties
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:41:06 AM »
First off, speak to the host parent in an engaging & non-confrontational manner ... I know you can do that if you try. ;)   Allow that conversation to guide you.

Also, take note of your own child's preferences ... no point in sending her with something she won't drink.

Note: it's not underage drinking at a private party.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »
I'd send her with what you normally drinks - both alcoholic and some water (can be in a plain bottle). I'd also ask the parents what will be supplied and advise that you will be sending K with her own. The problem is when drinks/bottles get put down and others help themselves so does she want to carry stuff around with her?

MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »
I am really not looking forward to this time with C.  So far it hasn't been his thing, doesn't really like loud music and crowds.

He also has such strong likes and dislikes I am hoping this continues..............doesn't even drink ordinary fizzy drinks.

But in answer to question, I really don't know what I would do  ???
Life is what you make it.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.