Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: NATURAL REMEDIES ANYONE - Breastfeeding and Over-active Thyroid.  (Read 2337 times)

Offline cew

• SWK Member
  • trainee
HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES

Is anyone aware of any natural remedies to treat Hyperthyroidism ?
My friend still wants to b/feed as her little one is only 9/12`s. She has
been told she will have to stop feeding him as there is a risk the medication
could affect his thyroid.
At this moment her GP does not think there is an alternative.

Any ideas, Advice more than welcome  ?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:50:08 PM by cew »
Cath cew

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Re: NATURAL REMEDIES ANYONE - Breastfeeding and Over-active Thyroid.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:53:26 PM »
CEW I recommend the website www.Mercola.com - it's a great resource for natural medicine and if it doesn't answer your friend's question, it will certainly point her in the right direction.

Iodine is important for the thyroid (as indeed many other functions) and iodine supplementation whilst pregnant can be extremely beneficial for babies - with IQs averaging over 15 points higher than their parents. I'm not sure about breast feeding  though and a bit of research would be needed.

Best of luck!
Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.