Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2812 walk at cannock chase  (Read 4488 times)

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
2812 walk at cannock chase
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »
Dreading that quiet week after Christmas - with bank holiday falling on Monday 28th December come and join a lively and friendly group of single parents (and kids and dogs!) having a walk and chat.

Meeting at the visitors centre at Marquis Drive (free parking if you park off road when you enter) at 10am. There is a park, loos and cafe there. We'll head off and amble to the visitors centre at Birches Valley where we'll have lunch and the kids can play at the park etc. before heading back to Marquis Drive.

All map readers welcome as my routes are normally varied! but we get there in the end. Wellies/ walking shoes and all weather clothes needed.

Blow away post Christmas blues and walk off the chocolates with a friendly group.
MM
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline LAK

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
Re: 2812 walk at cannock chase
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »
That sounds fabulous but too far away for me  :'(

Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »
Sounds like a good idea - I'll be down south by then but hopefully also getting some fresh air after the Christmas rush is over.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:50:14 AM »
Lots of views on this ... don't be shy, make a note of the date and see how you feel nearer the time. A great icebreaker it you're thinking of booking a trip/event with SWK and chance to meet other single parents
MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:25:20 PM »
I would but you are to far away  :(
Life is what you make it.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
You never know CB2 with my directions we might end up anywhere!  :)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »
Ssshhh!!! You're not selling this very hard are you?  You'll also have to mention that you'll probably make a fashionably late arrival after parking in the wrong car park?

All part of the fun!

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
haha! this is true  ::) I'm a regular at Cannock Chase (in a walking/cycling sense) so at least know the time it takes to get there and where to park ... phew! so don't be shy SWKers come and walk off a few Christmas chocolates. I even promise to be there on time  ;D - will post what I'll be wearing nearer the time (and once I know the weather) so you'll easily spot me
MM x

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 09:04:20 PM »
Actually last time I met swk I was early and in the right carpark. . The rest of you arrived late and parked in the other car park....

But then I did get lost and arrive late to the pub afterwards so I guess I'm not completely reformed  ::)

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »
Hoping to catch up with you ... not sure how many children I'll have with me (if any).
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »
No problem - with or without kids is fine - we can always loan you some  :)

About 20 people so far...

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »
Meeting at the park at 10am Monday. It's a bit muddy but still OK. I'll be in a green coat with a black dog. Please post if you're thinking of coming so I know who to look out for
MM

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »
We had a great walk yesterday - lovely weather and a good turn out - 10 adults, 5 kids and 3 dogs! Thanks to all who came especially those for whom it was their first SWK meet.

MM x

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.