Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Uniforms again  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Uniforms again
« on: August 19, 2015, 07:14:16 AM »
I live in foreign and here we do not have uniforms, which suits me well as I am not a fan of them, but after many a debate here and on other sites and irl I wondered what my daughter (7) thought. So last night I asked her about it.
I asked her ‘wouldn’t it be easier not to have to chose what to wear?’ She replied… ‘yes…. but it’s not hard and I like to wear what I want. Besides, the clothes will get very smelly if I wear the same thing everyday’
I asked ‘Don’t you think you would feel more like you belong to the school if you were all wearing the same clothes?’ she looked shocked and said ‘no, I know what school I go to’.
I asked if it would be easier to recognise whether other kids are from her school or another if they wore different colours, she said she knew all of my friends in my school, and didn’t really care what school other children go to.
I asked if it would be better if all the kids wore the same because then you couldn’t tell who had better clothes than others she looked at me like I was stupid and said ‘but what if another girl has the same hair as me, the teacher would always get us confused, it’s not fair on the teacher if we all look the same’.
Out of the mouth of babes. OK, I admit she is probably influenced by my strong opinions.
I asked her if children had to wear uniform then should the teachers too and she had fits of giggles and said that they would look really silly.
Any other pro/anti uniform arguments people can think of for me to throw at her and see the response?
Onwards and upwards.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: Uniforms again
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
School uniform has evolved into a money spinner. 

When I went to Grammar school there was a dress code sure enough, but the uniform items were the school tie and the school badge (to be sewn onto the breast pocket of the blazer).

Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.