Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Stoffa

« on: July 22, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »
Hi folks, a newbie here.  Don't know how I haven't come across this site before but better late than never huh  ;D.  I'm raw here and am just getting a feel for the site but whilst I do, I wanted to share a little and be a little cheeky and ask for some tips.  I'm still going through a divorce and can't believe how things have turned so sour with the ex.  We seperated on good terms, spent time together and agreed a settlement between ourselves only for her to renge on it once she got advice from others (including her family) and then play games (saying I don't know what's round the corner etc....).  Anyhow, I'm now trying to take my 6 year old away for a few days.  Been looking at butlins (which looks a bit pricey but I don't have much time to look around now) followed by Wicksteed Park for the single with parents weekend.  Not done camping with him before nor have I done it since I was a kid but am keen to give it a go.  I will admint I've not looked through the site in detail yet so bear with me if the answers are out there but any tips on what I would need for the camping trip would be appreciated.  I am open to investing in a new tent too, the easier it goes up the better (there's just me and him so enough space for us).  Also, does anyone know if there are any electrical points at that park so that I can charge my phone, my boys ipad etc and does it have wifi?  Any advice or general chat is welcome  :).

Thanks

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »
Hi,
Welcome to the site.
First off, good luck with the divorce. I hope that your ex starts being more reasonable soon, but just in case, are their lawyers involved? Some lawyers are good and work for the best solution, but some are a little more concerned with getting the best deal for them... these are not the same thing.
Try to keep all communication in writing about the settlement this is for many reasons. First, there is written evidence of what was agreed, memories are not perfect. Secondly, if communicating via email or letter you can take time to breathe and consider a response which will help the conversation stay on topic and be less emotional. I say less because both my ex and I have been known to reply straight away to messages and so damage communication.
Secondly... CAMP! You must camp with us. And, to be honest, your kids will be having too much fun with their new friends to bother with their devises. Also, at SWK camps we are all together and everyone will be happy to help you set up if you just ask. And even when you don't ask, they will offer. We are a nice bunch, strange, but nice. CAMP you will love it.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
I think there are some electrical points in the cafe at the other side of the park ... not really sure, never used them.  If you need to make a call you can always plug it into the car.

Tent size .. always at least +1 .. so if there's two of you try to get a tent designed for at least 3 people.

See you at Wicksteed :)
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Stoffa

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:32:20 PM »
Thanks for replying.  Yeah we are going through the formalities so hoping it will be sorted over the next few weeks which will be soooo much of relief.  I've had enough of it now.  Regarding the camping, I'll look at what I need over the weekend, start stocking up and booking.  Does it get booked up quickly or do I have a few days to get familair with what I need.  It does sounds ideal and great company for both of us too :)

Offline Papa Smurf

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
My daughter used to take a 8 socket extension lead full of phones hid in a bag to the cafe but when she went last year the sockets had been changed to a different type so as to stop people charging phones. As far as I know that was the only place that was available. It will be back to the old back up Nokia for me.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.