Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Single with a newborn  (Read 2778 times)

Offline singlemommyUSA

Single with a newborn
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:51:11 PM »
Hey everyone I'm new here, I'm single with a newborn baby, and it's so difficult. 

Its hard to talk about everything, because I don't really know where to start..I know things will get better eventually, but I just am so disappointed in my ex because he doesn't try to be in our childs life, all he cares about is himself.  Its really sad, and I just feel so angry about it.  It sucks I dont have the father here to share all these special moments about our child together.   

He is such a deadbeat and a loser.  Before I got pregnant he acted so excited, and acted like he wanted a family together, but once I got pregnant he became a controlling jerk and changed into a different person.  I just feel bad for my child, because he doesnt have his dad around.  :'(   

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: Single with a newborn
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:06:50 PM »
Good luck ... it can be tough to get your head round at first but eventually you'll be getting along just fine without even wondering what he thinks .. or does.

btw: Welcome.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline elvis2011

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
It does get easier. My relationship broke down at 7 months pregnant, and whilst trying to stay amicable at this stage, he moved in with a new girl a week later and was then arrested a week before my due date. It wasn't very easy in those first few months, to put the similar feelings to you aside, however ones some of the exhaustion and hormones raging bits it started to get easier. Cliche as it may be time is a great healer.

There will always be guilt in these early days, almost as if you have let your child down already.... but it  is misguided. Whilst there may be benefits to having a second parent in a child's life, these are not universal and actually a child will be damaged more by a negative influence. So hold your head up high, know you are doing what is best and and give your little baby the best life they could ever have.

Welcome though :)

Offline singlemommyUSA

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
THanks for the advice everyone,I have juts been feeling so alone lately. And I dont know if I am getting post partum anxiety or something, but I just cant be my self lately. I know my ex is a dog but I just dont know if I should call him back because I am having a very hard time with the baby myself, I need someone else to help me, I am very stressed out and worried allthe time.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.