Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Inappropriate adverts  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Inappropriate adverts
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:13:15 AM »
Last night watching Polar Express, I popped off to the kitchen to make M a snack in one of the breaks, with instructions for her to pause when the movie comes back on.
She does, but I I come back she says, in a concerned/worried voice... 'mummy.... there is going to be death-stuff on five on Monday'. I rewind the telly and see a trailer for a murder on Home and Away.
I explain to M that it's not a real death thing, but a TV show, and they are actors, and it's an grown-up show, that I do not watch anyway, and try to reassure her.
Who's stupid idea is it to preview murder during a U-rated movie!
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Foggy

• trainee
Re: Inappropriate adverts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:37:57 AM »
Yes, I agree -- totally out of order. Not only murder ! I have fielded a few awkward questions when an amorous couple appear in a trailer during the ads of a kids film ! Luckily O is at the stage where kissing is disgusting (he'll discover the rest later !!! ).

Offline annie10

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »
This is utterly appalling. The channels need to have sensible policies of matching appropriate ads for relevant shows and time of day and then follow through.

I would get in touch with the channel and put in a serious complaint. The child could be so affected and suffer nightmares.

Also I have to say if there is a film on a commercial channel I usually record it before showing it to the children. Children do not need to see advertising on the tv.

Annie
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:38:50 AM by Silky »

Offline LAK

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
Yes I have the same issue at the cinema. 
Not all those who wander are lost

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.