Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Air tents  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
Air tents
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi all

So, who has bought an 'Air' tent or is thinking of it? What do you think of them and which do you prefer?

I went to go outdoors yesterday and viewed a vango airbeam infinity 800 and the hi gear nimbus 8 and cirrus 6. I preferred the hi gear and am tending towards the cirrus as I like an end door which the nimbus doesn't have. I also like the squareness. However the nimbus is bigger overall although more money.

I have seen a gelert omega air 8 online which is bigger still..and has wider bedrooms than the nimbus. It is also cheaper. I currently have a gelert tent but it is a big buy without seeing one... It looks good though but no end door...

Thoughts please :-)
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain"

Offline hsharpe66

• SWK Member
Re: Air tents
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »
Hi anyone got any reviews on gelert omega air 8?

Offline Blue Sky

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Re: Air tents
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:44:02 PM »
I have one and love some aspects - mine is a "Friday afternoon tent" though so not the ideal example!  But I would still not go back to poles.

In terms of size and layout, the same applies as a poled tent - you probably already know what works for you.

They are easy to inflate and super easy to deflate  :D

My biggest piece of advice would be to watch the weight and the pack size.  I used to separate my poles and tent coz I am a wimp; and you wont have that option! 

Some of the big airbeams are a 30 to 50 kg which - even if they have wheeled bags (and not all do) - you still have to man (or woman) handle into and out of the car etc, etc. 

Just typed all of this and realised the OP  was from 2014 ........... 

Dont know about the Gelert - there are lots of camping groups on FB though...
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.