Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Thank you.  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Deborah43

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Thank you.
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:38:31 AM »
I'm almost at a point where I had forgotten to do this but I'd like to extend a warm thank you to everyone who has given input to my previous threads.

Two nights ago was the anniversary of my moving out of the house I shared with my ex and striking out on my own with the two children, who were two and 6 at the time.

April 17th three years ago was the day I moved into a house on my own with the little ones after 10 years with a man I never married but was committed to.  Even though I knew the relationship was doomed.  And at the time I had no real job, no money, no family nearby and so I felt as though I had no way out.  He was keen for me to stay in the house (it was big enough for both he and I to have a floor each, with separate living, cooking, bathing and sleeping space and a room for the kids) but really he was just after a semblance of normal life with the freedom to do as he pleased.

It was so hard for me to leave and even now people question why I live in the same street but really that's down to schools, friends, support and me knowing that if I lived elsewhere the kids wouldn't get the access to their dad that they have now.  And it was the best thing I ever did. 

The support I got from people here, both online and then chatting in real life on camping trips was awesome.  There was no-one in my circle of friends who had been through it and so the kicks up the arse I got here were (and are) of great value.

For those of you still living in the same space as your ex, it took me 8 months to get my act together and move out.  I'm not friends with my ex (he likes to think otherwise but hey ho) but he has easy access to his children and still doesn't go for 50/50 care.

But the point of this post is to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice (whether I wanted it or not) and who supported me in the dark days.  And if you're at the new Forest camp, come and say hi! :)
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

Offline Stuart

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
Re: Thank you.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
Good to hear everything has worked out for you, it must have been a very hard decision to make.

Stuart
Laughter is always the best medicine, unless your a diabetic then insulin works better.

Offline Pearl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
Thank YOU!  You were there for me on my first ever SWK camping trip.  I dearly needed some folks to understand and some time and space to be me and start to get my head in order.  I guess it's funny how these things come full circle
"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere."   --Jane Austen

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Oh how I love these posts!

When people first join /  read the forum, it's often when they're in the throes of all the emotional stuff, either separation or bereavement. At that stage, it's hard to believe the pain will ever end, and everything seems to be an uphill struggle. Warm words can console but not always convince, but it's reading stories like these which PROVE there's an end to it all, and life can be better and brighter at the other side.

So pleased everything's slotted into place for you and can't wait to catch up again at Roundhill :)

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.