We've not long got home from our first ever camping trip, I'm currently looking up sites and avoiding unpacking the car! We had a great weekend, helped no doubt by the glorious weather.
I have a Vango Icarus 500 which I am assured is perfectly suited to single handed pitching. However I did have a lot of help from my friend's teenage son this time (took it down myself though!). I just have a few questions
1. What order should the pegs be put in? We put the poles all through first, then clipped them so it was upright, then pegged down the sides where the poles are. I think maybe we should have done the corners first?
2. In the packet there were the right number of pegs but 4 were bigger, are these meant for the corners? Are they crucial? They were really hard to get out!
3. How on earth do you manage if its windy!?!
4. There's a small rip in the mesh on the side door. If I can't find the receipt how can I repair this?
5. Any cool-box recommendations? Does this really stay cold for 5 days? http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/50qt-extreme-wheeled-cooler-p1754051