Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Just ordered my new tent!!!  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
Just ordered my new tent!!!
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
After much deliberation and research on the net I have gone for the Gelert Atlantis 4 from Leisure Outlet at the bargain price of £79.99! I had almost enough money in my PayPal account from eBay sales to cover it too :)

I have also ordered a portable toilet and cover for the middle of the night emergencies and a mallet and the total bill came to £103.46. Free shipping over £95. Sooooo excited :)

I was drawn to the sewn in ground sheet and all in one pitch. It has a good height and looks easy to put up according to the YouTube video!

Am tempted to buy a carpet and footprint but they might have to wait. Does anyone have them? Are they worth it and if one or the other, which one is the priority?

I need a sat nav and a stove before Severn Valley but the rest can wait (new air bed and sleeping bags...).

Can't wait for it to come so I can have a practice!

Thanks for the helpful comments on my other threat btw xx
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain"

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
Re: Just ordered my new tent!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
Looks fab ... especially at that price.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
I couldn't believe it when I saw it  :D

£20 cheaper than anywhere else and less than half the price of Argos albeit a different colour!

Just listing stuff on Ebay to help fund my further purchases!
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain"

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »
Just listing stuff on Ebay to help fund my further purchases!

Ooh - any camping kit?

Offline That Brummie

• Coordinator
  • addict
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
I would recommend carpet if you can afford it, i'd prioritise that over a footprint. I don't have a footprint and have camped for more than 3 years without feeling like I need one.

Places like poundland and 99p stores are great places for picking up bits and bobs (cutlery, plates, mallets etc) as they usually have a camping section with a few different bits.

See you at Severn!

Offline littlemissfun

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
I agree with That Brummie, a carpet is a must keeps your toes lovely and warm. Instead of a footprint I just brought a cheap tarpaulin instead, does the job!
Happy camping!!
If you obey all the rules you miss out on all the fun!!!
Wouldn't it be nice if the world was flat then we could push off people we didn't like!

Offline Papa Smurf

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
I have a footprint but no carpet. Spend little time in my tent though, so footprint  is the better choice for me.

Offline That Brummie

• Coordinator
  • addict
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »
Spend little time in my tent though

That's because by the time you've got set up it's almost time to pack away  ;)

Offline Pearl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 07:50:40 PM »
I think that is almost the same tent I have - I'd need to drag it out of the loft to check, but looking at it, they are very similar and I know it is a Gelert as well.  The sewn in ground sheet was the final selling point for me.  I would highly recommend a carpet too - it makes a world of difference!

I need to get mine out and practice putting it up, not to mention checking other gear to see what needs replacing. 

I can't do Severn because my daughter is with her dad that weekend, but have booked for New Forest.
"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere."   --Jane Austen

Offline Papa Smurf

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »

I can't do Severn because my daughter is with her dad that weekend,

No excuse  ;D

Offline CampingKT

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »
I've just checked out your new tent looks lovely. So good to find others that are equally as obsessed by camping as me.
My ex really didn't do camping wouldn't even entertain it laughed at me for liking it so I have a lot of catching up to do!
Looking forward to checking everyones tents out at the New Forest.
Very tempted to see if my boss will let me swap days so I can do the severn trip?

katy x

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:49 PM »
Come on Katy, get it swopped :D

I was going to wait until the end of the season to buy it got a bit carried away :)

I m leaning towards a carpet. The idea of carpet in a tent always made me laugh but I can see the benefits!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine and there is some still around for us for the Severn trip!

Offline littlemissfun

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
Carpets a must not a luxury, recently read a tent review in which it said large living room, he then went onto say he had got four chairs an inflatable sofa, a TV and a DVD player in there. That made me laugh  :D
If you obey all the rules you miss out on all the fun!!!
Wouldn't it be nice if the world was flat then we could push off people we didn't like!

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
Lol! I am convinced I need one! Just need the funds...off to check if anything is selling!

Offline TUPPENCE

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
I got carpets this year & they're fab
Check out your living area and bedroom size,I bought 2 high gear carpets that cover the living space & one in the sleeping compartment for the same price as the one for my living area
Single is not a dirty word!

Offline CampingKT

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 10:46:05 PM »
Oh god another item for my list ..... carpet ..... next item bigger car / trailer ! x

Offline Blue Sky

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 11:45:39 PM »
My carpet simultaneously drives me insane (doesnt stay flat, gets lots of bits and is impossible to brush, hoover, shake when you get home) and definitely keeps the tent cosier and feels nice on the feet!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »
It's arrived :) looks good :D

Hmm do I need a practice or shall I wing it?  ;D

My loo is great too!

Had been thinking of getting a smaller car but may need a bigger one if I carry on like this!

Not many sleeps to go (eek)!

Offline Papa Smurf

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 12:28:41 AM »
While the weather is nice I would say have a go. If you need help when you get to camp just shout for help so that we can all hide  ;D

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:25 AM »
Hmm do I need a practice or shall I wing it?  ;D

Wing it :D

Offline Mand

• Coordinator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
Wing it ....... But just check all the bits are there  ;D

9 sleeps!

Offline Purplejay

• trainee
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
Well after tea tonight I decided to have a practice and it is up! Didn't bother doing the guy ropes and had a little trouble getting the middle pole in the second pin but other than that pretty easy and it took 30 mins with just a little help from M  :D And its great! I will be fine - unless it is blowing a gale  :o

Just having a glass of wine before I take it down.

Since last posting I have bought a kettle, waterproofs, torch for M and ordered a stove. There is a huge heap of stuff accumulating in the dining room!

7 sleeps  ;D

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.