Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Canopy/porch....with door or without door?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline cheesecake

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Canopy/porch....with door or without door?
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
So I am thinking about buying a canopy/porch for my tent. I have looked at various places on the internet and there is a huge price difference between one that is enclosed, ie. has adoor and one that isn't. Clearly one that has a door offers more protection against the weather but as I am a fair weather camper I am wondering if this reason alone is worth me spending more for the 'door version'....so all you experienced campers out there help me to decide...with a door or without a door, and your reasons please.

Offline That Brummie

• Coordinator
  • addict
Re: Canopy/porch....with door or without door?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »
With door!
In bad weather it's a saving grace, and gives a whole extra room.

Depending which tent you have, some of the porches with doors also zip off entirely at the front to make a completely open porch.

Offline Deborah43

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Canopy/porch....with door or without door?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »
I've got a Vango Icarus and as such have a porch that has no front/door.  I luvs my porch, but to be fair I'd love it more if it had a front/door.  So I improvise with a windbreak for semi wet weather and peg sarongs/whatever I've got over the remaining gap when it properly rains.

Next tent up will probably have a door but for now I'm happy to make do.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.