Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: As advertised ...  (Read 4307 times)

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
As advertised ...
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline lukesdad

• Dad of one!
  • SWK Member
  • trainee
Re: As advertised ...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
Either that or your bed is taken over by him and you are perched on the edge with no duvet freezing your ass off!!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:00:27 PM by lukesdad »
The greatest jewels are the arms of your children around your neck.

Corf neledh 'nin Ellerain nui venel, Odo'ni Nauhírath vi rynd gonui în, Neder'ni Fîr Fírib beraid fíred, Êr am Morchír bo morn-orchamm dîn Vi Dor e-Mordor ias i Ndúath caedar. Er-chorf a thorthad hain bain, Er-chorf a chired

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »
So very true...

Before I had kids I imagined Sunday mornings tucked up in bed with two little warm bunnies tucked in beside us, quietly playing or reading or simply snuggling. Ho ho ho...  For the best part of 8 years Sunday mornings involved CBeebies at 5am, noise, kids running around with excess energy and big grey shadows under my eyes.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline lukesdad

• Dad of one!
  • SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »
So very true...

Before I had kids I imagined Sunday mornings tucked up in bed with two little warm bunnies tucked in beside us, quietly playing or reading or simply snuggling. Ho ho ho...  For the best part of 8 years Sunday mornings involved CBeebies at 5am, noise, kids running around with excess energy and big grey shadows under my eyes.

Silky x

I normally wake up to Luke going downstairs, getting his `holiday bag` (he keeps all his latest and newest toys in there) and he then proceeds to tip them out all over the bed (Octonauts is his current obsession). This is after he has tried to wake up me up for the last half hour or so, once I give him a sign of life, the chaos begins......

Corf neledh 'nin Ellerain nui venel, Odo'ni Nauhírath vi rynd gonui în, Neder'ni Fîr Fírib beraid fíred, Êr am Morchír bo morn-orchamm dîn Vi Dor e-Mordor ias i Ndúath caedar. Er-chorf a thorthad hain bain, Er-chorf a chired

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »
I normally wake up to Luke going downstairs, getting his `holiday bag` (he keeps all his latest and newest toys in there) and he then proceeds to tip them out all over the bed (Octonauts is his current obsession). This is after he has tried to wake up me up for the last half hour or so, once I give him a sign of life, the chaos begins......
Ah... mine had learned that if she closes my door and is quiet I don't tell her to go back to bed and she can play to her hearts content. I have no idea when she woke up this morning, all I know is that when the alarm went off at 6:30 she run into the room, turned the light on and said 'mummy! it's awake time sleepy head'. Blurgh.
She is also really into Octonauts, and kept mentioning that she wanted Father Christmas would bring some (which he did). Octonauts and playmobile horses.
Where are the promised snuggles?
Onwards and upwards.

Offline lukesdad

• Dad of one!
  • SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
Octonauts is driving me up the wall!!!

He is absolutely obsessed by it! I know all the names, Kwazi, Barnacles, Peso etc.
He has the DVD's and they are on constantly!!!!!

My son calls it `wake up time`!!

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
Where are the promised snuggles?

Ahh - IME to get the most scruptious snugglies one needs to be awake before the little one.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline MummyFi

• trainee
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Last Sunday I was greeted by the ever cheerful G with 'It's morningtime Mummy'. Having a migraine I tried to explain I needed to be left alone and he should pester big brother. Instead I was treated to special medicine from a 2" plastic Peso with medical bag.

Offline j r hartley

• SWK Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:53:49 PM by j r hartley »

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.