Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Embarrassing things parents say.... and do.  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Embarrassing things parents say.... and do.
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
We are in a supermarket with those little kiddies trolleys. We call it the little trolley shop. Despite many warnings not to bump into people or things. over many months, M starts 'riding' the trolley (as we all would really like to). I tell her to stop because it's not allowed and if she knocks into someone or knocks something over then we will have to leave.
M 'But I WANT to'
me 'I might want to run around naked, doesn't mean it's allowed'
She starts again, so I say you are not allowed, she counters that she wants to, so I say, OK, if we can do what we want, next time I'm going to take some clothes off.
She does it again, so I start to take my coat off. 'If we can just do what we want, then I'm getting naked'
Her face  :o She started thinking really hard then shouted
'Stop Mama, not everybody (no-body) wants to see your boobies!'

I've been giggling since.

Ahhh, all I need to do to control my kid is to threaten to strip in a supermarket. Parenting in soooo easy.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Embarrassing things parents say.... and do.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »
Ahhh, all I need to do to control my kid is to threaten to strip in a supermarket. Parenting in soooo easy.

Funnily enough this one would work well with my two too. At the moment I use the campervan or my pink mac as a threat, but if these start to wear thin then the nudity one is good to have up my sleeve as a contingency  :)   Let's just hope M doesn't call your bluff....or buff even  ;D ;D

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.