Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gas Heaters  (Read 4077 times)

Offline SallyL

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Gas Heaters
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
After the last two camping trips freezing, I am seriously thinking of investing in a heater. I already have electric hookup and fan heater.  However I do think that a gas heater for the non-hook up trips is now an essential  ;D   

This throws up loads of questions for me.  How safe are gas heaters?  What about carbon monoxide?  and then which one should I go for..... bearing in mind once I buy it we will be suddenly tropical and it will not be needed ::)
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”
― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Offline Dad Of One

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Full Time Dad
Re: Gas Heaters
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »

We had 2 gas heaters going for an hour or so last night in The Madhouse, they certainly did the job!!  We all emerged unscathed, although I wouldn't risk sleeping with one going.
"Be the best that YOU can be & Do the best that YOU can do"                   Who could ask for anything more...........

Offline That Brummie

• Coordinator
  • addict
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »

We had 2 gas heaters going for an hour or so last night in The Madhouse, they certainly did the job!!  We all emerged unscathed, although I wouldn't risk sleeping with one going.

Yeah they warmed it up (or was it all the hot air we were all spouting?!?) but I was only really comfortable with it as we had the main door rolled back half way so there was plenty of ventilation. I wouldn't use one with the tent fully zipped up.

Offline SallyL

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
Someone was telling me the difference in different types of gas that they run off, at The Peaks.... However I was 9 sheets to the wind and really did not absorb anything much he said!!!

perhaps a power pack and my little fan heater is the way forward?
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”
― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Offline Dad Of One

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Full Time Dad
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »

Yeah they warmed it up (or was it all the hot air we were all spouting?!?) but I was only really comfortable with it as we had the main door rolled back half way so there was plenty of ventilation. I wouldn't use one with the tent fully zipped up.

Hmm! Maybe 'someone' didn't drop off to sleep - maybe we gassed them   :o
"Be the best that YOU can be & Do the best that YOU can do"                   Who could ask for anything more...........

Offline LAK

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »

PMSL

You really don't want to fall asleep when SWKers are around, especially if there is a camera handy  :)
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Dad Of One

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Full Time Dad
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »

PMSL

You really don't want to fall asleep when SWKers are around, especially if there is a camera handy  :)

I'm packing a party pack of pro plus for next weekend to ensure I don't   ;) :)

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.