Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is it unreasonable to....  (Read 7521 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Is it unreasonable to....
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »
Is it unreasonable to unashamedly snaffle an idea off another forum?   ;D  ( A rhetorical question on this occasion but you get the drift).   ;)

Anyway, I thought it may be worth trying this one on here, just in case you're looking for a second (3rd, 4th, 5th ) opinion on anything, whether it's life affecting or trivia. Don't expect everyone to agree, the chances are they won't but if nothing else you'll get a range of views.

Worth a try?

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline Mand

• Coordinator
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Is it unreasonable to....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
Snaffled ideas are fine ....... So long as its not reams of copy and pasted nonsense.

;D

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:02:52 PM »
I can do that too if you want? ;)

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:23:23 AM »
Is it unreasonable to unashamedly snaffle an idea off another

well, it's useful (& polite) to quote sources if we're talking copy/paste

however, if it's relevant here then does it matter if it's been aired elsewhere? 
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »
When I have serious 'what should I do about M' issues I often ask more than one forum. Then I get more advise, most of it is the same across forums so that's useful.

I'm sorry to inform you like this that we are not in an exclusive relationship....... I should've told you more gently.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
I'm sorry to inform you like this that we are not in an exclusive relationship....... I should've told you more gently.

gutted & heartbroken  ;D

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »

gutted & heartbroken  ;D

If it makes you feel better, you are soooo much better than the others, but I feel I can not leave them, we have such history........ (sounds like someone I know).

I often copy and pasted funnies from other forums, with no reference. But to be fair, most of the time they were copied and pasted from somewhere else with no reference too.

And I often shove in links to other t'internet sites. Like Cr*ppy Pictures, or PhD comics.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

gutted & heartbroken  ;D

If it makes you feel better, you are soooo much better than the others ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWxcbexHqQ :)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
When I have serious 'what should I do about M' issues I often ask more than one forum. Then I get more advise, most of it is the same across forums so that's useful..

That could be because some of the same people are answering you on those forums too (me too ;) )

Silky x

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:44:55 AM »
When I have serious 'what should I do about M' issues I often ask more than one forum. Then I get more advise, most of it is the same across forums so that's useful..

That could be because some of the same people are answering you on those forums too (me too ;) )

Silky x

Well, as the other forums are 'children born the same month and year' and 'ex pats living in Switzerland' I'd be very surprised if it's the same people.......

Otherwise.... I'm seriously missing out on some in person Wine and Whine sessions!
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
Well, as the other forums are 'children born the same month and year' and 'ex pats living in Switzerland' I'd be very surprised if it's the same people.......

Hmm, even my forum habit doesn't quite stretch that far and wide ...

Silky x

Offline rainne

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
The question I'd ask myself is "how do my children think that violence is the right way to solve their troubles?" Is there a lot of violence visible to my children in their environment, e.g. at school, on TV or in the neighborhood? That is not always easy as we as grownups have a different perspective on violence (I am afraid we are somehow used to seeing it here and there every day).
And I think intervening is definitely necessary because it is the only way of making them understand that violence is wrong. Children learn very fast, and the earlier the better.

Offline rainne

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
Oh I have realized I have unwillingly posted the same post twice in two different threads, it does not belong into THIS thread, only the other. Sorry!

Offline Ann Stig (official SWK booking name)

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Its what summers all about
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
Isn't copying the greatest form of flattery?

Seriously tho: depends really on what your copying and if it can be disguised in any way and if there is a copyright on the idea.  If not would it be better to ask permission?

Ann x

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.