Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Laus

• trainee
Happy Fathers Day
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »
Getting ready to send a balloon up to heaven with a drawing on from A... feel her loss even more today, she'll never remember her dad and I feel emotional today.  All my family are enjoying their fathers day with their families and I feel she is missing out.  Normally we would spend it with my dad but he has gone on holiday today so it's just the two of us. 

I just wanted to let others know that if they are struggling with Fathers day then they are not alone.

Happy Fathers Day in heaven, we hope you like your balloon xx

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »
Big hugs for your both Laura. How old was A when her dad passed away?

I hope you get through the day ok,

Silky x x x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline delly

• SWK Member
  • addict
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »
Hugs to all of you.

xxxxxx

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
Thanks, she was 2, she's now 5.  He died from Sudden Adult Death aged 36 :-(  

We're ok, lots of others I'm sure are thinking of their dads today xx

Offline MelM

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »
Hi Laura

We are with you on this difficult day and am sending you all our best wishes and hugs.

It’s hard when all the kids at school are making fathers day cards, my youngest usually gives his card to grandad instead but this year decided not too. He had a very emotional week last week where he took a photo of his dad to school to show the other children. He cried alot too and I think that all the attention on Fathers Day at school was just a bit much for him.

We planted a tree for Daddy when he died, five years ago and his ashes are infact there too, the children love going up to look after the tree, weed around it and check how big its getting. So, five years on Fathers Day isn’t as difficult as it used to be, its more of day to remember and talk and maybe shed a few tears.

I am sure Daddys in heaven everywhere will appreciate their messages.

Lots of hugs,

Melx

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
Thanks Mel, sorry to hear of your loss.  At school they don't mention fathers or mothers day so A wasn't left out, (I think it's school policy not to with so many different family situations around now) but I spoke to her in advance and we discussed what she would do in case they made cards and this year she decided she would make him one to attach to balloon, but it never happened, so she didn't have to face it so publicly.

We weren't together when he died, I feel I should mention this.  We don't have a grave or a tree and so we have started the balloon tradition for birthdays etc.  On days like today it makes me wonder even more if he can see us and if there really is life after death... a day of thoughts..........
xxxx

Offline Cath T

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »
Hi Laura,
I hope you got through Fathers Day as best as you could. My partner died 5 years ago on the 21st of June, it was also his birthday on the 27th of June so we have 3 things to deal with in the space of a week! I hate all the stuff on tv about Fathers Day, all the happy images of kids with their dads. I just want to hug and hug my son when these come on as I really feel his loss.
In a way, luckily it's my birthday on the 19th of June too (fathers day this year) so we have something to look forward to and celebrate, and everyone makes a fuss as they know what a hard time of year it is for us.
Take care and sending big love to you and your daughter xxxx

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.