Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gullivers Kingdom - Milton Keynes  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Laus

• trainee
Gullivers Kingdom - Milton Keynes
« on: May 01, 2011, 08:27:17 AM »
I've just seen some adverts on the tv for Gullivers Kingdom.  At Milton Keynes there is a theme park, and a farm park with a camping site adjoining :-) 

Offline Pheonix

• part of the furniture
Re: Gullivers Kingdom - Milton Keynes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »
Id be interestedin a day out there at sme point as its just up the road for me

my parents took my 4 yr old last summer and they said it was a little run down in places , needed a lick of paint, but they had alot of fun and no queues ;D They said it was more suited to little ones ie under 10s

http://www.gulliversfun.co.uk/miltonkeynes.htm

Theres also the eco and dinosaur park nearby

http://www.gulliverseco-park.org/

I think its a separate place with separate admission fee , but if camping you could do one each day and keep the kiddies amused all weekend

Offline littlemissfun

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
Hi,
I might be interested depending on the day you go with my youngest, don't think the 16yr would be interested tho lol

Sharon
If you obey all the rules you miss out on all the fun!!!
Wouldn't it be nice if the world was flat then we could push off people we didn't like!

Offline Mia

• SWK Member..
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »
Yep, Gullivers also on my hit list for the Summer :-)

Shall we start hacking around some dates?

We're free July 23/24 and all of August at the moment!

A x
Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.  Michael Levine.

Offline londonmumma

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
we might be up for this depending on date and stuff, looks like a good park that would suit my 4 and 2 year old.

Its a shame they dont do the tesco voucher thing but guess there are other discount vouchers (that or pretend we are grandparents on grandparents go free day  :o )

We around most of summer so will wait to see date that gets decided on ..

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
How about Mon 15th Aug for couple nights camping?  Can do anytime after Sun 7th Aug but thought I'd go with a start of mid Aug,
Laura
x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:07 AM »
We may be up for it depending on which date you go for.

The main gullivers park is tired but still great fun, def for under 10's like sally says.

Dino and eco park are rubbish in most locals opinions (and my mums who took J) so wouldn't recommend spending the money there.

The splash park is great though, j loves it.

Don't know anyone who has camped so can't comment on that but even though we live right here i have promised J we will camp there some time so may be up for that too. I think if you are camping you get some sort of deal on the the theme park entrance prices (well did last year). Other than grandparents day and children with disabilities day they don't normally do discount vouchers / codes so best budget for paying full price.

Food inside is poor IMO so take a picnic, you can go in and out to cars to get it.

We could do Mon 15th Aug.

Offline londonmumma

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »
I'm working then but have one day off a week so will see if can swap Fri off to a monday so could join for the day (if its ok i will let you know nearer the time).

We would just do day trip probably as only 30 mins by train from London.

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
doesn't appear to be any deal for camping and park entrance this year  ???

There are camping pods with elec avaliable for those who want a bit more comfort @ £35 p/night but in peak season min of 2 night stay required. Campsite gets very good reviews, seems to have huge play area which if we camp we should probably aim to be near.

Offline Mia

• SWK Member..
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:53:25 PM »
I'm free then :-)
Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.  Michael Levine.

Offline Pheonix

• part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 09:41:52 AM »
would definitely  join you for the day mid august , but I dont do camping lol

someone text me please when a date has been agreed I dont come on here often and dont want to be left out  ;D

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
Let's meet Mon 15th Aug at Gullivers kingdom.  I will camp the night before Sun 14th and Mon 15th (possibly longer... oh the joys of Summer hols :-)) if anyone else is.  Still not quite brave enough to go it completely alone
x

Offline Mia

• SWK Member..
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
Let's meet Mon 15th Aug at Gullivers kingdom.  I will camp the night before Sun 14th and Mon 15th (possibly longer... oh the joys of Summer hols :-)) if anyone else is.  Still not quite brave enough to go it completely alone
x

We'll join you, I'll look it up tomorrow, does your number still end with 531? x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 07:09:57 AM »
I'm going to say yes too and committ otherwise something else will come up and i never make it!

Mia will FB you at some point as don't have phone numbers. Are we going to ask for pitches together? Need to swap names maybe if so?

N x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebargewoolstone/

nice pub within short walking distance, theres also Willen park and a pub there but its what i call i 'sticky' pub  ;)

Offline Mia

• SWK Member..
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
Great stuff, I'll go on site now and have a look at what the pitches are like, I'll call them tomorrow if you want?

I'll let Mel know too, she may be up for this as not too far.

A x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
I've booked  :o

;D I'm never organised and never committ so this time as i had promised J last year and never did it i went in there as i was passing this morning and made the decision for us at least!

Booked for tent with no elec sun 14th and mon 15th august, can arrive from 12 noon. £38 for the 2 nights (25 deposit required). It's £14 cheaper if you are a camping and caravan club member (membership £38 so worth doing if will use again this year a couple of times).

If we keep our receipts for the site the park may give us a discount if we show them, but no guarantee . I've asked to be in the play area and toilet block field so hopefully i can sit and relax a bit as j will be 8 then. They know others may book  who want to be near me and have my name but won't promise to put us together as so busy but will try. They only have 10 pitches left for tents under 7m x 5m and 4 with elec for those dates!

Mia has my contact details which I am happy for her to pass on if you have hers but  I can't PM on here and don't want to go public with them.

Hope it was ok to post details, did check and this doesn't clash with any other DIY camping hols x

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
My number still ends 531 so let me know if you book.  I'm not sure of 'Scatily's' name and details but would like to book and say please can I have pitch close by.  I will ring and book tomorrow or Fri for the Sun 14th and Mon 15th once I know name details etc,
:-)

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 07:46:36 AM »
Think you can PM me laus i just can't reply but if you PM me your mobile number will text you details x

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
I couldn't pm you.  Will book the Sun and Mon eve though x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 07:15:06 AM »
ask to be by the oak tree, play park and in the toilet field then we should be near each other! x

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.