Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Camping Airbeds  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Stuart

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
Camping Airbeds
« on: March 28, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
I went through all my camping stuff over the weekend and realised I have a puncture and went online to find another and spotted a really good deal so thought I would pass it on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000PQYCB2/ref=oss_product

You can stick the beds together or they go on top of each other, just thought £14.44 was really good as you can pay that for one.

Stuart
Laughter is always the best medicine, unless your a diabetic then insulin works better.

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
Re: Camping Airbeds
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »

You can stick the beds together or they go on top of each other...

You might end up with a few inflatable pillows that way!

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline elfgirl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »
Thanks Stuart, will go for these as my camping beds also seem to have developed punctures over the winter (as a guest found out, to their discomfort, at the weekend).

Offline Lallybird

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »
All my air beds terminally died last year and i have begun to replace them.  I 1st bought myself a "Mountain life"(Mountain warehouse brand) self inflating sleep mat...and now i wouldnt go back to air beds.
Dont be fooled by them being relatively thin compared to a trad air bed.  I find it warmer comfier and you dont get the whole "rolling around" problem.  If you wanna look at one Lidl are going to have one in their promo bit this thurs.
They do come in dif specs so might be worth looking around before you buy to find one that is what you need(some pack smaller than others(these tend to be dearer cos of the tech to minimise space but maximise comfort) also some have diferent sizes and also temp ratinngs)
The one really big thing for me is that you dont have to carry a pump....all that is needed to unroll and open the valve(occasionally a puff of two can "firm" it up a bit more).  But once its up close the valve and there you go!
I love my nylon nightmare

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:46 AM »
I've gone through lots of the inflatable airbeds over the years, the ones that have lasted the best are some heavy fabric beds we bought around 15 years ago. They're not flocked and don't look as nice but are comfortable and hard wearing. You don't see them around so much now (it's probably better for retailers to sell beds that need regular replacement) but there are a few still available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Boxed-Waffle-Camping-Pillow/dp/B000QH1U9M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308472903&sr=8-2

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.