Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My brother....  (Read 8445 times)

Offline p0ppy

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Money talks... ... ... Chocolate Sings!
My brother....
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »
My dear brother passed away at the end of July after four years of struggling with stomach cancer ... just can't get my head round it - have such a small family anyway its devestating....

Offline That Brummie

• Coordinator
  • addict
Re: My brother....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:46 PM »
So sorry to hear this, I don't know how you ever come to terms with something like that, and it's no wonder you're struggling. I'm sure all the old classics like 'time's a healer' ect come into play but I know that's little comfort when you feel so sad.

Take comfort from your family, and take comfort from having had him in your life, and that he had you in his.xxx

Offline TinaM

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
I know exactly how you are feeling,  I lost my brother 2 weeks ago to cancer and really finding it hard to cope with.

Offline LCSS

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
Lots of sympathy to you both

Offline Mia

• SWK Member..
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
 :(

Sorry to hear that both of you, not much anyone can really do or say I suppose but let it all out whenever you feel the need to, not good to suppress it as it all comes out eventually.

Also, I think it's ok for kids to see you upset and keep talking to them about your Brothers if they want to, often kids feel like they shouldn't mention things for fear of upset.

Big hugs to you both x x x
Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.  Michael Levine.

Offline TravellingChick

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:44 PM »
Oh god Bala, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. And you too Tina.

It's just a horrible and terrible thing to go thru and you're going thru it with the people that you would probably have drawn on for support had your loss not been a family member.

One day at a time, so cliche but so very true.

Much love to you both.

Sarah

Offline Laus

• trainee
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  I will remember him in my prayers.  I find it helps me to continue talking to those that have died.  I tell them everything I normally would have in my mind so I feel they are with me.  For me that really helps.  Keep talking to him 'cos I'm sure he's somewhere much better than here listening xx

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »
I'm so sorry I missed this thread, my deepest sympathy to both of you at this awful time.  There's nothing at all anyone can say or do to help the pain, except listen....Don't be afraid to keep your brother(s) alive in your world by talking about them and remembering them. Eventually the happy memories do start to outweigh the grief, but it does take time.

Big hugs to both of you,

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline helencitauk

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
One of my colleagues lost her sister to stomach cancer last month. It's very sad for both you and her x
What would you do if you knew today was your last day?

Offline Madame Butterfly

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
My dear brother passed away at the end of July after four years of struggling with stomach cancer ... just can't get my head round it - have such a small family anyway its devestating....
I know exactly how you are feeling,  I lost my brother 2 weeks ago to cancer and really finding it hard to cope with.

I would like to say I am feeling for you both! I lost my brother June 8th 2008 and will never forget cos my little one's birthday! He too was taken with cancer. It strikes in such a strong and prominant way! Shocking to the core the change in them daily let along weekly!

I have to say to survive such a loss I hold onto the brother I knew when well............. laughing, joking and making others happy! A great dad and sometime argumentivie husband but always himself!  I have great pictures and those are the moments I hold onto along with the warm memories we shared!

I will never get over losing him!

Thinking of you both at this time hugs from us xxx
Happiness is like a Butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attentions to other things it will come and sit softly on your shoulder[

Offline p0ppy

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Money talks... ... ... Chocolate Sings!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your thoughts - yes I keep him alive in my memories and am so amazed by how loved he was ...

I talk to the boys, but they are so young they don't really get it.

Tina - I am so very sorry for you too - wish someone could wave a magic wand and we could cope with it all!

Hope you're ok xx

Offline inferno

• trainee
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
My thoughts are with you both at this time.  May they R.I.P. 

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
I talk to the boys, but they are so young they don't really get it.

Hi Poppy,
Neither of my girls can remember my father but they both know everything about him as if he was still part of the family - so much so that they can remind me of some of these. We also have "grandad's star", the brightest in the sky, which looks down on them to look after them. All little things but they really did help in keeping my father alive in our collective memory and very much part of the family.

Big hugs,
Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline Mikka

• SWK Member
  • addict
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
I am really sorry for the loss of your brothers x

Offline lancslass

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
I just wanted to say you are both in our thoughts and prayers at this very sad time  :-*
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT!!!

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.