Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forty years ago today!  (Read 4071 times)

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
Forty years ago today!
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:04:20 PM »
Forty years ago today, I went down to the pub that my friend Geoff used. I didn't like it much, as it was used by some pretty shady characters, but a lot of his mates drank there, so he kept going. He'd just returned from a trip to France, where he'd met a young lady and they were something of an item. So much so that the previous time we'd been in the pub I felt a bit of a gooseberry, so I'd jokingly said "Ask her if she's got any mates she can bring down so we can chat while you canoodle".

Imagine my surprise when I walked in the pub, and there they were with another young lady. We got chatting, found out we had a lot in common, and spent the next 35 years together.

So August 17th is a very important day for me.

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline Smiler :-)

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Re: Forty years ago today!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
Wow......I have a lump in my throat now

Keep this day special by thinking of all the fantastic memories those 35 years have given you.

Love
Smiler x
It's not where you have been that's important.....it's where you are going!

Offline helencitauk

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »
Very touching, John x
What would you do if you knew today was your last day?

Offline Silver Lining

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »
Thoughts with you today.

Carol
xx
There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.