Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gig, Theatre & Cinema Area  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Ian (not Hislop)

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
Gig, Theatre & Cinema Area
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
Wonder if it's worth having a new area on the forum for members to post what gigs they are/would like to go to so people can meet up if they fancy it.

Likewise if someone fancies going to the cinema or the theatre they have an area to post.

I often found, when I didn't have E at a weekend, that I fancied at short notice going to the cinema but wouldn't go on my own. By putting it in it's own area you don't have to trawl through the main forum.

What do you think?

p.s. I know Richard is very busy so maybe one for the back burner!

Offline Sujo1

• trainee
Re: Gig, Theatre & Cinema Area
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
Sounds a great idea and i for one would use it  ;D

Offline SM2

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40:10 AM »
Is that not what the regional day meet boards are for?  ;D

Offline Beanzie

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
I think that's a great idea. I would definitely use it - there's many a night I would jump at the chance of a trip to the cinema to see something other than a kiddies film!
This could cater more for the last minute anyone free situation whereas the regional boards are much more preplanned meet ups.
B x

Offline bindy

• Coordinator.
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »
totally agree this is a great idea

xxx
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that take our breath away...

Offline Ian (not Hislop)

• SWK Member
  • part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
The last minute thing was my main reason for suggesting it and also gigs and the theatre can cross regions. Could also use it to review the films and give it a miss if really bad lol

Offline Scoobylou

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
I think its a great idea. But i have ventured to the cinema on my own a couple of time! Quite enjoyed it.......no one chatting and spoiling film and i got all the sweets to myself!!  ;D But still think i prefer it with company, so good idea Ian

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.