Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Godiva Festival ?  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Godiva Festival ?
« on: January 14, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
Has anyone been to the Godiva Festival in Coventry? It's a free festival, early July and usually has a couple of recognised bands and a fairly full programme.

We've been tempted on this one before, we just can't decide whether it merits a mini-camping trip so we can indulge.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline SK

• SWK Member
Re: Godiva Festival ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
Not been but heard good reports. My Mum went! They had a Swing band in one tent and she enjoyed that. I know a few years a go there were some probs with drunks (not my Mum!! I hasten to add) but they have worked hard on cleaning it up ithe last two years. Unfortunately the weather was poor last year but think it may be worth a trip. Not sure about where you would camp though!

Offline elfgirl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »
Has anyone been to the Godiva Festival in Coventry? It's a free festival, early July and usually has a couple of recognised bands and a fairly full programme.

We've been tempted on this one before, we just can't decide whether it merits a mini-camping trip so we can indulge.

Silky x

Is that Godiva as in chocolate? Or am I just a one track mind?!

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
Surely if its Godiva as in Coventry it will be about riding around on horseback without any clothes on?

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline elfgirl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
LOL, that's would be interesting too!!

Offline SK

• SWK Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
Hate to tell you- Lady Godiva always wears a full body stocking now!

Offline littlemissfun

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
Hi,
The Godiva Festival is great, it is one thing that Coventry can be proud of (there aren't many in my opinion)
Loads to do and great music, not sure where you would camp though i've never seen anyone camp there before!
Sharon
If you obey all the rules you miss out on all the fun!!!
Wouldn't it be nice if the world was flat then we could push off people we didn't like!

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.