Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: I'm so sorry....  (Read 9684 times)

Offline Hazel

• trainee
I'm so sorry....
« on: November 20, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »
This is going to sound so silly incomparison and I just gotta let this out....for some reason there are cats everywhere tonight and I really hope Sharon J is ok with hers xxx  I'm so sad. I bought my boy home tonight. He was hit by a car and his ashes are sitting in his fav spot and I miss him so much. I feel terrible I couldn't do anything to help  him and I'm just rambling. soz..I just needed to write something. He died 4 weeks ago and I couldn't bring him home til now and I wish I could turn back the clock. I'm trying really hard not to get upset, but it's just not working tonight.
laugh your socks off at least once a day....if you can't do that then p your pants instead.

Offline Run DM&C

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
Re: I'm so sorry....
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »
Awww Hazel, sorry to hear that  :(

There are probably no more cats than usual but just that you are noticing them more.

It's never easy when we lose a family pet........I lost my cat 6 1/2 years ago (same weekend as my marriage broke up!!!) and I still miss the ginger winger!!! He was definitely MY cat and had just had blood tests done to find out what was wrong. The vet said he could be treated and to bring him in but he disappeared that night

It does get easier with time so just hang in there and remember the good bits

Big hugs ((((((((((((((xx)))))))))))))
'Life should  NOT  be a journey to the grave with the intention of  arriving  safely in an attractive and well preserved  body, but rather  to skid in sideways -   Chardonnay   in one  hand - chocolate in  the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and   screaming 'WOO  HOO, What a  Ride

Offline jakatella

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:41 AM »
aw Hazel my heart goes out to you, hope this is of some comfort as I know it has helped me on too many occasions

RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth
It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills, valleys with lush green grass

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this special place
There is always food and water and warm spring weather
The old and frail are young again
Those who are maimed are made whole again

They play all day with each other
There is only one thing missing
They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up !

The nose twitches !
The ears are up !
The eyes are staring !
And this one suddenly runs from the group !

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him or her into your arms and embrace
your face is kissed again and again,
and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated

Hugs

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:13:17 AM »
Thank you to both of you. I haven't spoken to anyone about him and I cracked a bit. Soz feel so ashamed of posting this. Doesn't compare to others peoples losses. And I shouldn't have. How do I ask someone to delete the thread so I don't offend anyone...
laugh your socks off at least once a day....if you can't do that then p your pants instead.

Offline hells bells

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
know exactly how you feel hazel ... i lost my cat earlier this year and i was devastated ... he was more than just a cat

a friend told me then that animals are the souls of our family and come to us when we most need them ... perhaps it was just time for him to go

big hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))

hells xxx
Friends are like diamonds - hard to find and very precious to keep xxx

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 12:38:45 AM »
Thanks Hells Bells.

Please can someone tell what I do to remove this thread? If anyones reads this and is upset...please accept my sincere apologies.

Offline hells bells

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:43 AM »
not to sure about removing one ... sorry ... xxx
Friends are like diamonds - hard to find and very precious to keep xxx

Offline C99

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »
Hazel, please don't feel you have to remove the thread! Our pets are part of the family, so of course you'll feel sad and upset. You're not the first person to post here about the loss of a much-loved pet, and you'll get lots of support and kind words from people.

xx
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:44:51 AM by C99 »
Your mileage may vary...

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »
Thanks but I don't deserve it. He's gone and it's my fault, so feeling terrible and guilty that I couldn't help him and miss him so much. Couldn't afford to pay for his treatment. Shouldn't have posted in the first place so don't deserve the kind words. So sorry.

Offline neil

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »
Hazel

If you are sad and upset then it's only right you post. Can't see why anybody would be upset about your post

Neil
x

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:12 AM »
Tried to reply to you Neil so many times and deleted them.....am humbled, thank you. xxx

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
I think anyone who's had cats or dogs (or other fluffy animals) would understand your grief Hazel, pets become part of the family and are a great source of comfort. My cat is getting visibly older (he's 14 now) and I'm dreading the day when he goes, he's been with me through some very happy and some challenging times.

There are always mixed emotions when replacing a pet, I felt it almost dishonourable when my first dog passed away, but in essence it really does help. The new pet never really replaces the old one, but instead brings a new source of joy to the household.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline skittle

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »
Don't delete your post Hazel.
NEVER MISTAKE POWER FOR WISDOM

Offline TravellingChick

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
I think your post is valid Hazel and I don't think it should be deleted.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Sarah

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
Hi everyone, thanks to all of your kind words. Had a lousy weekend, but pulled myself together and am getting on with it. Bringing him home I guess made it all so final. (I'd been in denial and had tried to ignore it by not talking and then had a melt down moment!) But letting it out helped. And so did you guys. Thank you. I won't replace him just yet, I can't. But maybe one day I'll add another to the family. I still have his mum and his uncle, so they are helping, even tho they miss him too. We all do. Grief sucks!!!!! (Thats my sick attempt at humour btw) Post finished.......xxxxxx

Offline infinity67

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:41 PM »
Hi Hazel I lost my cats about 5 years ago now and I still miss them.

Its only been the last year or so that I have stopped doing doubletakes because I thought I saw one of them in my house.

They were loving, affectionate and had such individual personalities. They were part of the family
copyright of Infinity67

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
Hi Hazel I lost my cats about 5 years ago now and I still miss them.

Its only been the last year or so that I have stopped doing doubletakes because I thought I saw one of them in my house.

They were loving, affectionate and had such individual personalities. They were part of the family

I know I know and I don't think I'll ever get over loosing him. He was such a character, a proper ASBO...with a huge personailty and so full of love and mischieviousness. I watched him into this world, fell in love with him at first sight and watched him go out again and that kills me. He was only 3. And it was too soon. And I have to stop reading/writing on this thread coz I keep crying when I do....But your right, they are part of the family. And I'm so sorry you lost yours too. xxx

Offline infinity67

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
Just reread my post and hope that what I said didnt come across wrongly. Just saying that I understand exactly how you feel and therefore why apologise for feeling that way.

Fair weather friends come and go and arent worth noticing. But really special ones hurt like mad and thats how we know they are special!!
copyright of Infinity67

Offline Hazel

• trainee
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »
Nothing taken in the wrong way Infinity...I knew what you meant...and thanks hon xxxx

Offline jules2010

• SWK Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »
I agree Hazel, you shouldn't delete your post, and you definitely should not feel ashamed of grieving for him. My cat is like one of my babies and he'll be 14 in May.  I'm so conscious that he's getting old and like you I will be devastated when he goes. 

Offline Ann Stig (official SWK booking name)

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Its what summers all about
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
totally valid post!!!!

Sorry for your loss, they are part of the family

from a fellow pet lover

Ann

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.