Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Password access  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
Password access
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:11 AM »
Hi,
We've made recent changes on the forum and whenever we mess with these things, it always seems to upset something else further down the line.  A number of you have contacted us to say your password isn't recognised - if this is the case, there is an option to reset your password, simply click on this and you'll be sent an email to enter a new password.

We're hoping for an upgrade of the forum software shortly, the new version is in BETA testing, this will mean some improved features for us all but undoubtedly with the odd little bug like this.  Don't you just love software ?  :)

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline Optimistic at all times

• trainee
Re: Password access
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »
Ive recently found out I can no longer view peoples profiles or send messages which I was able to do before??????

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »
These features are now available only to members - there've been a number of threads about them recently, the last is in the Announcements section.

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline Run DM&C

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
Just a small point Silky but if people can't access forum because their password isn't recognised then they won't be able to see this thread telling them what to do!!  ;D
'Life should  NOT  be a journey to the grave with the intention of  arriving  safely in an attractive and well preserved  body, but rather  to skid in sideways -   Chardonnay   in one  hand - chocolate in  the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and   screaming 'WOO  HOO, What a  Ride

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
Hi Debbie,
They can read the forum but can't post if not signed in - a few people have contacted me on this saying they've had problems.

Silky x

Offline infinity67

• beyond all hope !
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »
Its just as well you are so intelligent Silky.
copyright of Infinity67

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »
  ;)

Silky x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
Hi Silky,

I am automatically signed in on my laptop but if i go elsewhere or want to change any profile settings it won't accept my password. Very strange as i always use one of the same 2 so i know i'm not that far out but also it won't do it via the reset method so i'm a bit stuck. Any solutions gratefully recieved  :)

Natalie x

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »
Hi Natalie,
If you pm me with a new choice of password I'll reset it for you. No idea why this happens but hopefully a brand new password would solve it.

Silky x

Offline scatily

• addict
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
Thank you will do now  :) x

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
Sorted now Natalie - hope it works!

Silky x

Offline kirstyc

• SWK Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »
Hi silky

I'm having probs too  :( Thought I was a member, I can post and view threads and everything, but I can't view profiles or send/recieve PMs either. I had an email notification telling me I have a PM, could read it on the email, but when I tried to view it on this site I couldn't access my messages. Is there something specific I should have done other than simply register to become a full member? Dunt gerrit!

Kirsty x
Ps. I used to be able to view profiles so maybe it's since the updates...

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.