Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wickstead Campfest August bank holiday weekend  (Read 3373 times)

Offline hollister30000

Wickstead Campfest August bank holiday weekend
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
Hi guys

New to this site and just booked my 1st break away with SWK. Usually holiday with family or just myself and my 8 & 11 year old but have decided to be brave and give it a go. Anyone else going from the northwest?

kind regards

Hollister

Offline lyndsey999

• trainee
Re: Wickstead Campfest August bank holiday weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »
I'm going from leeds with my little lady age 9 and her friend, can't wait you will have a scream come rain or shine but would be nice for once to go on a swk camp with sunshine. See ya there

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »
you will have a scream come rain or shine but would be nice for once to go on a swk camp with sunshine. See ya there

Have you been on the same camps as me? 

We've only been forced to dry out the tents after one camp this year ... I'm sure that was karma popping up to remind me not to take too many liberties with extra days bolted on.

But if you want to be sure of rain ... just book in with BRD - he has his own personal rain cloud.

Oh ... if you're a screamer, try not to wake the children - thank you

Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline hollister30000

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
I am really familiar with wet camps. I am a cub leader and every camp I've been on it pees it down!! Just looking forward to meeting like - minded singles who want adult company, a few giggles, vino and the chance for the children to socialize and make friends.

:)

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • There's Only One
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
I'd guess you have booked into the right place :)

My youngster is now comatose on the sofa after a w/e away at Cub Camp.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline Pearl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
I just booked too - this will be my second.
"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere."   --Jane Austen

Offline hollister30000

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
Hi Pearl
I trust your first camp with SWK was a success then?  :)

Offline Pearl

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
Amazing!  Tiny person had a blast and so did I.  Everyone was so welcoming and helpful too.
"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere."   --Jane Austen

Offline Kell

• SWK Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:33 PM »
Hi IM a new member and thinking about booking This as our first trip-any advice for a newbie !

Offline Cushion Plumper

• SWK Member
  • addict
  • Life is a journey - not a destination.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
Hi Kell,

Welcome to the forum.  I have campophobia and don't do camping (a Travelodge is the closest I go to roughing it) but this is the biggest and last camp of the season for SWK and loads are going.  I'm
planning to go along for one day to meet up with an SWK friend and hopefully some other people I've been typing to for almost 2 years but never met!

Many members are away on overseas SWK holidays at the moment so the forum is a bit quiet.  If you like camping, like people, like a bit of a booze up whilst the kids are off playing then I think you should book this trip as you won't be disappointed.  You may then become one of the crazy people on this forum that do the countdown to the camping season next year  ::)
It doesn't matter where you go in life, what you do or how much you have; it's who you have beside you...

Offline Kell

• SWK Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
Thank you CP
I've booked it tonight and looking forward to it although a little apprehensive as its our first trip
-thanks for the advice

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.