Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Days out section  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Sara7

• SWK Member
  • trainee
Days out section
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
Hi,

I may be incorrect but have noted that finding the days out sections is somewhat tricky. 

I think days out are a lovely way to meet similar circumstanced (is this a true word?) folks in similar areas and might be far more popular if easier to spot.

I like the idea of summer picnics/bbq lone parent get togethers and whilst these seem popular in certain areas with some people having formed lovely friendships,  haven't noted this as much here in our south east/London section.

Offline Mand

• Coordinator
  • beyond all hope !
Re: Days out section
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
Hello ...... Im Mand miles away from you and in one of the areas that do have a few meets so thought id jump in and offer a suggestion for you ...... 

I guess they seem a little tricky to find as you say there may not be many organised in your area ..... but why dont you try to organise a day meet.

Pick a nice park perhaps now the weather is improving and put up a post to see who is interested. Often people are sitting back waiting for others to do the organising.

Hope you get something sorted

Mand  :D

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »
Its as well to have a back-up, like a pub with an indoor play area, as the weather in this country is notorious for changing its mind. If you plan for something indoors it will be sweltering, and if you plan an outdoor event we'll have torrential rain.

The best bet is to use an event you'd be going to anyway, and just identify a meeting place, then if no-one turns up you've lost nowt.

However it would be a first for SWK if you end up on your own!

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline helencitauk

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »
There's nowt so funny as folk - I think there are ebbs and flows and so there might just be a lull where you are at the moment, Sara.

I guess the thing to do is as Mand and John have suggested. x
What would you do if you knew today was your last day?

Offline Sara7

• SWK Member
  • trainee
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
Thanks for suggestions guys, but meant more in terms of locating the 'days out' section/button on the website... I find it's not easy to find (once you realise it actually exists) especially, perhaps, for newbies.

Offline trixiescott

• trainee
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
Sara, I had the same problem. I couldnt find it either!
Find me on facebook - michelle towers

Offline danensis

• beyond all hope !
  • If it seems too good to be true - it probably is
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
The easiest way I've found is to start at the calendar:

Calendar

John
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.